Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Lucky Me

Where does time go? One day it's Nov 1 and you have plenty of time for the Christmas rush and the next thing you know you have a gift exchange the upcoming weekend and you have zero, yep zero gifts prepared and a schedule that won't bend. It gets me every year; hell it's almost laughable.

This weekend my mother, one of my brothers, my God-mother and my friend I grew up with are at my house for dinner (yep full smeal w/ ham, dressing and deserts) and I have none of their gifts! NONE. My nieces/nephew are going to their grandmother's for Christmas and we are having a mini exchange for them tomorrow (I found out today), luckely I had both scarfs for them done and I'm only giving my nephew cash. It's funny I thought I had one done and hadn't started the other but when I opened my knitting bag the 2nd scarf was 75% done... lucky I tell ya, lucky. I'll take pics of them wearing them tomorrow and share :)

The new job is going well... It's only the 2nd day so I can't say much yet - the first week is always hell. Getting into a routine, meeting new people, always being 'on' ... But I'm excited and think I can learn alot!

My week is pretty slammed so if I don't blog you know why:

Tomorrow Night - Gift exchange in Dahlonega (1 1/2 hour away) w/ nieces & nephew
Thursday - NAIW dinner (must have $15 gift that I haven't bought and donation for family)
Friday - Assignment due, get ready for dinner party (no groceries in house and I have a huge Christmas dinner to cook)
Saturday - Cook, Cook & Cook some more then have fun w/ friends and family.

Sometime in this schedule I have to shop for Mama, Donald, Jean & Amanda......

Don't get me wrong though - I'm in high spirits! Things are going well and I'm content with my life. We are still discussing financing for all the home stuff we want to do and I'm waiting on a couple of quotes. Jack is enjoying his new position - he's stressing but enjoying the challenge - I just wish he got home a little sooner. Hey, I even cooked tonight - yes it was Hamburger Helper but it was something :)

Sleep well blogland - may you dream of happy moments and candy canes.

No comments:

Maine - Day 9

It rained today; if it was going to rain today was really the best day for it as we needed to travel so I'm grateful.  We've really ...