Thursday, December 07, 2006

Amazing: The Boost

You know it's amazing how one night can turn your outlook around. I started working on homework around 2 pm this afternoon -yes much later than I should have, but all through this class I've been looking at my assignments and the first thing that popped into my mind whas "What the F__K" so I've really dragged my feet in the class. Well tonight my portion of the group assignment was due and I'm one to drag my feet when it only concerns me but when others are involved I do what I say I'm going to do! So here I go trying to figure out how to do a work breakdown structure on a project I know nothing about and I'm frustrated, I'm crying, and I'm stressed...

So I call my hubby at 4:30 and beg him to come home and help as he has expertise in the IT arena where this fictious project we are doing is focused, I email 2 or 3 of my group mates begging for a phone call and I begin to really sort thru the mess I have in front of me. Hubby then gets home at 6 and helps me to lay out the steps said process would take and the time lines - at this time I'm beginning to see hope. Then a group member calls and we talk for an hour or so; another group member calls and we talk for an hour or so. Now my time estimates are almost done and while I still need to do my individual write up I'm confident that I can pass this class. I'm confident that I can get caught up and pass and thus graduate in Feb. It's amazing what talking stuff out can do.

I know that to you this may not be a big deal but I was lost in this class and I still have no doubt it will be hard, but this was the kick in the ass I needed. I'm feel like a weight has be lifted and that I can breathe again! Wow! I just can't explain it....

Well, bed time for me as I have to get up in the morning and keep the ball rolling! WOOT! Maybe I'll get done in time to rocover my kitchen chairs :)

2 comments:

Manny said...

Thats awesome, I'm glad people were able to help you.

African Kelli said...

Days like that are the best. When all of a sudden, a surge of energy comes up underneath you and you surf the wave. Good for you!

Maine - Day 9

It rained today; if it was going to rain today was really the best day for it as we needed to travel so I'm grateful.  We've really ...