Wednesday, October 04, 2023

Maine - Day 6

 Today has been a long day, but overall good.   I'm tired and writing this from a quiet B&B in Bar Harbor Maine; today was a good bit of time in the car, but we explored along they way.

We started the day at 8 with breakfast at Mae's in Bath.   The french toast was excellent; I ordered oatmeal and it was flavorless ghoul... and the service while friendly was exceptionally slow.  Not a place I recommend.   We then headed up to Wiscasset; the pretty village in Maine...  Let's just say they bribed some tour guides; there was very little here and the butter mold company we intended to see was super sketchy so we didn't even stop.   After a very brief walk in this town, we headed over to Edgecomb State Park.  This is an old wooden fort that is unique; the area was pretty, really just a quick hop out take a picture hop back in the moment.   Mama chose to stay in the car, but you could easily see it from the car; her back is not feeling great today so ...

Then we moved on to Boothbay Harbor which was really cute.   We parked at the top of the hill and walked down through the town, stopping along the way before ending at the footbridge that goes over the waterway.  It was really a quaint town that I enjoyed.

While on the footbridge Mama went to pull something out of her purse and her lottery ticket flew into the water.... let's just hope it's not the winning one.   It's gone forever and she mourned it for quite a bit of time.  She kept hoping it would come close enough to the shore to get it but it didn't and I wasn't going in after it...  After our walk, Jack went and got the car so Mama wouldn't need to climb up the mountain and we headed off to Ocean Point near here that the candy shop lady told Linda about I'm so grateful we did. 

It was really pretty and it had a trail that went through people's front yards (with signs stressing it was open to the public; probably because the owners would love to not allow people on the public land given it is literally in their front yard).    It was so pretty with rocks and water - worth the drive and I'm so grateful she told us about it.  The trail ended at this rock yard that was just gorgeous and boulder you could walk on; there was a house behind it - I can't imagine this being my front yard; I mean the view was just breathtaking.

We then headed to Pemaquid Light House.  We spent about 30 minutes here meandering around.   I hiked down onto the rocks and got some good pictures.   I did convince Mama to at least get out for a little bit; though she would have stayed in the car the entire time had I let her.  

We then went to Damiriscotta for some lunch at King Elder's Pub.  I had a hamburger that was pretty good; everyone else seemed to enjoy their meals.   During lunch I got a call from work and was told I got the promotion I had applied for to Project Manager for Cloud Services; transition time to be figured out after I get back, but it comes with a hefty pay raise and was just really great news in general, so YAY!

After lunch we then headed out to Camden State Park and drove up to Mt. Battie; the views were really pretty and we took the opportunity to get some good photos.  After this, we booked it to our inn at Bay Harbor where we are staying for the next 2 nights.  It was about an hour and a half drive and Jack paid DJ for Mama and Linda on the ride.   About 20 minutes before we got here we swapped drivers; my eyes were on fire and I was so tired.   

Once here we got Mama settled in and then ran down to Lompoc Cafe for dinner.  I had the steak and it was sooooo good - I emptied my plate. 

Jack enjoyed: The path that went by the houses and the rocks.  He also loved looking over the bay with all of the ships at Mt. Battie.  Jack also said he loved the way the sea gulls all lined up at the lighthouse on the rocks...

No comments:

Maine - Day 9

It rained today; if it was going to rain today was really the best day for it as we needed to travel so I'm grateful.  We've really ...