Sunday, October 01, 2023

Maine Day 3

Today was non-stop, but great.   I am fighting sleep to type this before I forget :)

We started with breakfast at the hotel restaurant; Raspberries.  It was really good - I had French toast and fruit.   We then headed out to Kennebunkport.  I stopped at one bridge to take some pictures of of it's beauty only for a guy to point out two eagles to is - talk about a win :)  Then on to St. Anne's Episcopal church; it is this really quaint rock church that is right off the water.  It was a great stop and the view was amazing - that is pretty much the standard statement for the entire day; the view was amazing.  Waves crashing against rocks to create dynamic and dramatic views; I love it.   After the church, we drove down a bit to Colony Beach and walked out on the jetty to get some good photos.    And then we drove to the other end of Parson's Way.  Parson's Way is a 2-mile stretch trail off Ocean Avenue that is just breathtaking.   We stopped in several places to take pictures including stopping to see President Bush's house.  Parking was full so I dropped them off and made a couple of loops, but I had gotten a picture from another angel so it was all good  I turned around in some woman's circular driveway and she was standing on her porch - oops :) LOL

We then headed to the downtown area of Kennebunkport, walked around, and had lunch at an expensive restaurant called The Boathouse.   We almost got talked into a food truck and ate on a ship, but I really wanted a waiter.  My food was good; not worth the cost, but it was good.  Mama tried her first lobster in a lobster roll; she ended up eating my fish :)   Everyone else seemed to enjoy their meal - and don't get me wrong I did too; just sitting alone was worth it's weight in gold.

We then headed to Fort Williams Park, but we did stop and see South Congregational Church (I drove by while everyone took pictures), the wedding cake house, and Spurwink church.   Once at Fort Williams we parked outside the gate and walked in; very nice day.  When we got down to the water I realized there was additional parking so I went back and moved the car closer.    We spent a good 2 hours here at the park - the rocks, waves and two lighthouses made it worth it.  

I helped Mama get up into an area behind the old fort and we took pictures that were just unbelievable with sailboats and the Portland Headlight behind us.   We then drove up the lighthouse and walked around; it was really my favorite part of the day!

After the park we headed to the hotel; checked in and then Linda, Jack, and I went to grab some dinner; Mama stayed behind.   After a bit of research and false starts (I failed to research Portland restaurants) we found this really great one off a cobblestone street.   I just loved the atmosphere as we ate outside and enjoyed the conversation.   So very happy we ate here.  Afterward, we stopped for some amazing gelato and drove back to the hotel, where I am very promptly about to crash.  See you tomorrow :)

No comments:

Maine - Day 9

It rained today; if it was going to rain today was really the best day for it as we needed to travel so I'm grateful.  We've really ...