Saturday, September 18, 2021

KY Adventure - Day 2

Today ended up being a really nice day.   We got up and ate breakfast at the hotel.   For a continental breakfast it was surprisingly good.   I wouldn't recommend the cheese omelets, but the biscuits and gravy were divine.   We had some time to kill before the wedding so we drove up to Indian Mountain State Park.   It has a lake and a few small trails that circle it, but unfortunately it rained on us.   We still drove around for an hour or so and just enjoyed the scenery.

We also did the Walmart run for the poncho's and the hose that are still in our Honda back in GA - as I was afraid of yesterday they did not make it into the truck, lol.    

We then came back to the hotel and went to my brother's wedding.   It was nice to see everyone all dressed up and the wedding was small, simple and perfect.   I must say it was the fastest wedding and I've attended and the first one I've attended in a while I didn't photograph.   The photographer they had seemed more than competent and I  think there pictures will be amazing.  One really cute thing that happened in the wedding, my great-niece Graylynn was the flower girl - well she didn't throw any flowers.  Then she got to the end and was just kinda standing there.   So her Mama (who was a bridesmaid) grabbed her, threw some flowers on the ground and called it a day - it was so cute!   Amie always amazes me with her ability to manage 4 kids - she is a go with the flow Mama that is just natural and seemingly effortless.   I admire her greatly for it.  I would be so stressed, worried about every little thing - she's like "great, he ate dirt, that will be fun coming out" :)  Not really - but you get my point LOL. 

Anyway, I digress.  The wedding was nice and the reception was also great.   The food was amazing - I'm not sure who made that BBQ, but I had 2 sandwiches.  It was awesome and they had tons of fruits and veggies which is always a win with me!   

After the big send off we headed back to their house for a few minutes.  They got into comfortable clothes and we just visited with the nieces/nephews, etc.   I also got to play with micro lens and took some pictures of Sherri's (my new sister-in-law's flowers), they were beautiful.  You can tell she loves working in the yard- it shows.

After a bit everyone was getting ready to head on to their destinations so we came back to the hotel, changed, and ventured out on our own for a bit.  We went down to Cumberland Falls State Park and explored.  We didn't do any real trails as we only had about 30 minutes of daylight left, but we got to explore the immediate area and just enjoyed our "nature walks" as Jack calls them.   The falls were really roaring as it's been raining a lot.       As it got dark we headed back to the hotel, ate our left over Maggiano's and called it a night.

Tomorrow we head up to the cabin, exploring all along the way!   

No comments:

Maine - Day 9

It rained today; if it was going to rain today was really the best day for it as we needed to travel so I'm grateful.  We've really ...