Wednesday, September 22, 2021

KY Adventure Day 5

I'm writing this, the next day, because yesterday I was flat exhausted.   It was a good day overall though.   We got up and had breakfast here at the cabin.  Shannon and Linda made avocado toast and then we were off.   We headed off to our reservations at the boat.   

So, let's talk about this boat.  It was reservation to go on a boat tour of a local cave.   The internet really hyped it up - well, that is what it was hype.   No one else had booked our time slot so we ended up on a private tour.  The cave is not cave, but an abandoned mine that was abandoned after they drilled into the ceiling absolutely hitting a water table that filled it up.  It was a limestone cave and the limestone was pretty.  The water is kept by the geothermic conditions at a cool 30 degrees...     They have trucked fish in (rainbow trout) and feed them. The water is a temperature they can survive (as they have two hearts) but not populate.   They have bits of it lit up with green lights so you can see, but overall it was a bunch of nothing.   Boring beyond boring and certainly not worth $50.  Shannon and Linda enjoyed it more than we did but, I wouldn't do it again.

After that we came back home to reset and figure out the remainder of the day.  I took a couple of Mama's Agilese as I was really starting to hurt from the day before.  My lower back especially.  I also put on Deep Relief and some CBD- between the 3 something worked and I was all set.   We ate some leftovers and Mama decided stay here and rest.   So the rest of us went off to and did a 2 mile hike one way  - it was marked as moderate but on the easier side and I must say it wasn't bad at all.   Some climbing, but not really that bad.... unless you had killed yourself the day before.     We got 1.5 miles in and came to a nice overview and I told them to leave me and come back.   Up to that point I was steady getting more and more tired... my body was screaming to stop.  It was a nice hike though - some pretty vista's and lots of mushrooms, flowers and well just being out in nature was nice.    Along the way I laid several times just flat on my back in a vista to rest and let my back stop screaming.

I chilled for about 30 minutes at that last vista while they want to the next one.   I took off my shoes and just relaxed.   Shannon got back a little bit before Linda and Jack and at that point she was as done as I was.   Once Linda and Jack made it back we put up the cameras and started going back to the car - at this point we wanted to be sure and get back before dark, not to mention the fact Shannon and I were on fumes.   I felt a little feverish to me, but Jack said I felt fine as far as he could tell - what I do know is that my body was screaming at me to stop.    Shannon and I were together most of the hike back going at a lower pace.    We survived ... about 3/4 of the way back Shannon started walking with Linda and I Jack.  It's like we both went to the people we were most comfortable with while we were at our weakest - I know I gave Jack a look that I wouldn't have given anyone else, the one that said I can't do this - help.     It was one of the hardest things I've ever done - pushing my body to finish that hike.  It was screaming.  But we made it out!  

Couple of more notes about our hike:   I pea'd in the woods :) HAHA!   We had thought about doing the longer looper that was more strenuous - thank GOD we didn't do that. 

We came straight to the house and got showers.   While Linda was cooking dinner I laid down in the bed for a bit.  At this point I'm almost positive I have a fever - I can't get warm.  I have the comforter, a throw, my robe and several sweaters laying over me.   When I finished eating I apologized for leaving early and went to bed.     I've been taking inner defense for a few days, but I doubled up last night and I've have been doing my be well and headache rollers.   I've been fighting a headache for a few days now... I don't have all of my migraine oils with me....   Anyway, I laid down and rested some.  Mama and the rest of the girls played scrabble.  I could hear them having a good time and it made me smile :)

Around 10 Jack came in to bed and at this point I have a serious fever.  No idea what the number was, but I was hot and freezing at the same time.  I pushed my body beyond it's breaking point for sure.   I laid there for a bit and finally got up and asked Linda if she has any Advil.  Shannon did so I took 2 of them, took more inner defense, put some happy tummy on, drink some OJ and laid back down.   This time I really went to sleep. 

This morning I woke up around 7:30 - and felt human.  I'm still fighting a bit of a headache so I took a couple of more Advil and laid back down.  When I woke up at 9:45 I felt human.  The fever is gone and the aches are normal aches from hiking too much.   The headache is coming and going and I have a slight cough.   The goldenrod up here has been playing absolute heck with my sinuses since day one.  I made a joke the other day that goldenrod is great for penises, but not for breathing :) 

Today we are taking a lazy day.   We got up and I made breakfast (Jack grilled the sausage) and we've been playing games and just resting.  It was a good day to rest because it's been raining most of the day.    We may get out a bit here soon - not sure.    I'm just grateful I feel human again.   You all have a blessed day.

No comments:

Maine - Day 9

It rained today; if it was going to rain today was really the best day for it as we needed to travel so I'm grateful.  We've really ...