Friday, September 04, 2009

Time for Random

I feel very random today- various things going on in my mind, it's hard to pin it down to just one item... so I'm going to just let it flow out, you ok with that? I hope so... cause here goes:

1) Homecoming at Mableton Assembly of God is this Sunday beginning at 11 am. Everyone is invited so if you are within driving distance please check it out. Should be fun...

2) We decorated the church tonight for homecoming - well really they decorated - I followed instructions and took pictures, hee. Gina and Beth are a hoot :) I learned a few things from tonight:
  • Beth & Gina are fun gals
  • I like green butterflies
  • 116 pictures of decorating a fellowship hall is a little insane
  • Me and this camera have to have a conversation...
    • I need to get used to all the new settings/features
    • I need to learn how to shoot manual more
    • I need to realize I'm not miss artsy and just take the picture
    • I need to figure out how to tell it where to focus while in CA mode - I like CA mode
    • I want another lens that allows me to blur the background more (wide angel)
    • But you know what? I'm had a good time shooting 116 bad pictures :)
3) I got the afternoon off - and wasted it taking a nap. It was a nice nap.
4) I'm cheating tomorrow at the grill out - Jim'N Nicks is cooking :) weeee Yea I know I'm totally lazy
5) Must clean ...
6) I have really no good feel for how many people will be here tomorrow - talk about a first. Me flying by the seat of my pants on an event at my house? I know you are all shocked - I am

On a more serious note... that deserves more than a bullet point Jack and I have started a study of God's word - together. I can't tell you how much the aspect of studying God's word with my hubby elates me :) But anyway... We are starting with Genesis and reading the old testament first. I ordered "The Wycliffe Bible Commentary" to help us with our study. I'm loving it... it really helps... I'm enjoying digging in and really learning God's word vs. just reading it... I've read a good portion in the past (pieces here and there) but to dig in... Yea I'm looking forward to this journey :) If you ever decide to do a study yourself I highly recommend he Wycliffe Bible Commentary to help you in your study - Granted I'm only in Genesis with the commentary but I love it...

Quote of the day: "The word of God is full of living power. It is sharper than the sharpest knife" Hebrews 4:12

No comments:

Maine - Day 9

It rained today; if it was going to rain today was really the best day for it as we needed to travel so I'm grateful.  We've really ...