Wednesday, September 02, 2009

People Read this Thing?

As many of you know I've started attending a new church and I took some pictures of the Sunday night fellowship. I wanted to share them, so I threw the link out on facebook as I normally do. What I realized later is that gave the people at the church my website address (which not only houses the pictures I wanted to share but this blog), heck I think even gave it out a couple times Sunday night when talking about photography. I love photography, have I mentioned that?

Anyway, this blog is an opening - its my way of sharing my life, my thoughts, my dreams, my daily life with the world... interested or not. I've never really had people in my day to day life read it though. I had several people come up to me today at church and make comments about the blog and my photography. It was .. humbling and scary. Made me think - what did I say again? Oh goodness... But you know what? I'm glad someone in my life is reading ... I'm glad someone is taking a look at the pictures. Maybe, hopefully something I say or do will help them learn from my mistakes, will help them in their daily walk. Maybe my photography will bring them a moment of joy... maybe.

So keep reading folks and I'll keep sharing :)

One other note: the minister tonight mentioned a church needing to meet the needs of it's people. He stated that in today's time people are looking for friendships. He's right - we are so busy with work and life that not many people have true friends anymore. We have people we know and people we talk to, but not many true friends. I know personally Jack and I have very few, we count ourselves lucky to have them, but one of the things I was looking for when finding a church, whether I knew it or not, was a church family. A network of friendships; some connection that went beyond Sunday... Amazing how God knows what we need before we do :)

Here is to nurturing old friendships and making new ones. May God bless each of you in your relationships, whether new or old...

So with that I'll call it a night. May God bless you in the days to come.

Quote of the Day: Perfume and incense bring joy to the heart, and the pleasantness of one’s friend springs from his earnest counsel. (Proverbs 27.9, NIV)

No comments:

Maine - Day 9

It rained today; if it was going to rain today was really the best day for it as we needed to travel so I'm grateful.  We've really ...