Sunday, September 27, 2009

Here We Are

Life... God... Faith... Love ... Marriage....Business... All are intertwined and connected.

I came home from an outside wedding last night; those of you in GA will know it poured down. After the floods occurring this past week all we needed was more rain. However, despite the rain the wedding was gorgeous. It was under a tent with mud all round. It was a cowboy wedding and they do what they do; threw some hay down, put on boots and kept on trucking. Man this says something in itself doesn't it? (That's a blog for another day)

But anyway I digress... we came home and I wanted to dance; we didn't really dance at the wedding (read mud above), but I wanted to. So my husband being the man that he is danced with me. We danced and as we were doing a funky version of the Waltz (you do what you can in the space you are given) I thought about life. I thought back on our wedding day and the promise we made to go forth as one person. I thought to myself yep, its him and me against the world.

But, I was wrong and was quickly reminded spiritually of how wrong I was. Its not me and Jack against anything... Its God, Jack and Myself enjoying life together; learning together; growing together. Will there come tough times? Will there be moments where we feel like we are beating our head against a wall? Will we do better at the "learning" some days than others?

Sure - that's life and human nature. Heck we've already learned some valuable lessons in starting this company. There is a learning curve with any new venture. But at the end of the day we are here, we are strong and God is with us. Nothing else matters.

On another similar but separate topic: I've been trying over the past few weeks to make a life style change. I've been trying to approach life from the standpoint of looking at our blessings vs. the negative around us. To thank God for what we have. You know what I've found???? You ready... It's an earth shattering discovery!!! I'm serious hang on to your hats people....

Happy, Grateful Thoughts and Outlook = Better, More Joyful days = Makes it easier to be happy and grateful. It's a circular logic that works!

God's blessings are many, but by only focusing on the negative I am forgetting him and his gifts. How am I going to get closer to God if I can't appreciate what he has given me?

Now do I succeed every day? No! Do I try everyday? Yes. (Sometimes its a Fake it till I make it day). I'm not perfect and life style changes are hard. If they weren't everyone would do it. But I'm trying to be more positive, to not complain as much, but instead find the good in the things around me!

Anyone want to try it with me? Trust me when I say, when you take time to Thank God for the blessings and to try to walk with a mindset of "I'm grateful for this day" everything else just doesn't seem that bad. Your day will be better....

Sleep well Blogland. May your tomorrow be bright with the many blessings God has for you.

No comments:

Maine - Day 9

It rained today; if it was going to rain today was really the best day for it as we needed to travel so I'm grateful.  We've really ...