Thursday, March 29, 2007

Today & Everyday

Have you ever wondered what it would be like to be someone else? Yes, I know we've all wondered what it's like to be a celebrity but that is not what I mean. I mean do you ever wonder what it's like to be your friend down the street, or your waitress at lunch or the guy bagging your groceries.

I realized today that I can come across to others as having a slightly aggressive, better than thou attitude. Which in reality could not be farther from the truth. I'm actually very shy, I don't start conversations with people I don't know because I don't really know how. So I smile and keep my mouth shut. I work hard and try to be good at my job, and yes I get aggravated when I'm overly criticized or when someone is being an idiot at theirs, but that's not aggressive just nature. I try to be nice to everyone. I'm also paranoid that people don't like me and that they talk about me behind my back. Probably not the case 99% of the time but this is my fear.

Where is this post going??? Well, I'm not sure. But all of this thinking made me think...

What is it like to be that person - to live their life - to see me thru their eyes. Quite an eye-opener if you think about it. Would you give the grocery guy the hurry up attitude if you knew he was being paid $5.15, was sick as a dog, had a kid at home and just really wanted to get thru his day? Wouldn't you be nice and try to make his day better if you knew this? I would, at least I hope I would.

Ok, so there you have it a page of rambling. I'm going for a walk and see if I can't get some focus. Life is good and I'm happy - Everything else is mute.

1 comment:

LotusKnits said...

That's the sweetest post. And this is why I'm always nice to the people helping me. You never know what they're going through, but you can almost guarantee they're not making enough to put up with your bad attitude. That's my philosophy anyway. :)

Maine - Day 9

It rained today; if it was going to rain today was really the best day for it as we needed to travel so I'm grateful.  We've really ...