Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Update Time

I know you've missed me - I just needed a break from blogging and the computer in general but I think I'm back for a bit :) I've missed you guys too much to stay away for long.

So I promised you an update in my last blog and an update you shall have. Lately my life has consisted of watching tv with my wonderful husband, shopping, knitting, taking naps, and doing a wee bit of sewing. I've loved it. I know you want some details...well lets see.

I went shopping at JoAnns the other day and came out $120 poorer, but oh I had fun. I got another basket for my yarn, as the stash continues to grow. I also bought some scrapbooking paper (Yes I'm going to start back), a mini scrapbook and this great easel kit to make a personalized photo artwork... I went to use my printer the other day to do the easel thing and I think I need some new ink (how sad).

Last Saturday I had a wonderful trip to the yarn store with Lotus Knits. We went to a new knitting store called Knitch and it is now my favorite knitting store. I normally don't like knitting stores, they make me uncomfortable but these ladies made me feel right at home. It was terrific. Here are some pics that Lotus Knits took for me (I left my camera at home - I know horrible of me)


I bought yarn for some Christmas presents and to make a baby shirt for a friend of mine. I've already started on it...my first garment (I'll let you know how it goes). I must admit that I didn't buy all my yarn here, but this was my fav stop of the day so....

Also, I've completed my bag. I know it's huge, but hopefully it
will shrink once it's been washed.....

As I told you in my last blog I've set my sewing machine up and I love it. I made the purse organizer I spoke of weeks/months ago. It is ok, but my sewing skills need some work... hee



Other than that my life is pretty much as normal. School started back this week and I'm determined to stay current. I lost my 4.0 last semester...I made a B+ which puts my GPA at 3.96 which is good but still disappointing for me. I knew these last few classes were going to be tough, I'm learning just how tough...

Work is work....nothing much to add there. My wedding anniversary is next Monday - 2 years! I'm so excited. We're not doing anything really special, getting a new bedspread for the bed :) maybe going out to dinner. I'm just grateful to have my life - it has its ups and downs but overall I'm happy...who could ask for more.

4 comments:

Jae said...

The store looks really inviting!! Is it close to home? (All the more financially dangerous if it is - lol)

Mylerna said...

It's about 15 - 20 min from house; could easily stop by on the way from home - look out bank!

LotusKnits said...

i'm jealous that you're closer to it than i am! we must go back and the sooner the...oh wait...let's let my finances recover first.

:D

Anonymous said...

I love that organizer!!! Very pretty.

Maine - Day 9

It rained today; if it was going to rain today was really the best day for it as we needed to travel so I'm grateful.  We've really ...