Sunday, September 12, 2010

Day 6 Wilmington

We got up around 10 and went out for breakfast – Waffle House, my home away from home. We then wandered down to the historic district and took the trolley tour. Wilmington has one of the largest historic districts I think I’ve seen. The homes are gorgeous as is the feel of the town. While on the tour we also learned that One Tree Hill, one of my shows, is filmed in the town and was actually filming that day –How Cool Was That! You know I had to check it out. So after the trolley ride we walked up to the Cloths Over Bros store, not really a store, just a front covered with plastic and lots of movie people outside.

We got a drink at the café across the street and watched for a bit. I didn’t get to see any of the actors, but it was still cool.

We then headed back to the hotel to rest a bit before dinner.

For dinner we met some longtime friends, Mark & Robyn who moved up here about 10 years ago… And it’s been that long since we had seen them. Their daughter is almost 18, she has grown so much – I was amazed. It was really nice to see them! I hope it’s not another 10 years before we see them again.

After dinner we headed home, back to Grovetown. The trip was a great success, can’t wait till our next journey

No comments:

Maine - Day 9

It rained today; if it was going to rain today was really the best day for it as we needed to travel so I'm grateful.  We've really ...