Sunday, September 12, 2010

Day 5 – Wright Brothers / Roanoke / Rest

We got up this morning and ate the continental breakfast – this hotel has an awesome breakfast, especially given it’s free. We then went to the Wright Museum and saw where the first motorized flight took place. It’ awesome to think how far we have come, in such a short time from that short flight. Jack seemed to enjoy the museum; it’s nice to see him interested in something. Nice to see him really enjoying an event, he normally just tags along. I think he has fun, but it’s hard to tell sometimes.
We then went to lunch at the Full Moon in Montea, per the dolphin driver’s suggestion. I wish I could have my money and my hour back.... that’s all I’ll say about that.

We then walked around Montea for a bit and then escaped back to the hotel for a nap – it’ s a good day for a lazy afternoon. Jack and I walked down to the beach for a few minutes before resting – the waves are huge as Hurricane Earl plays havoc in the sea – the sun brutal and the day perfect.

The nap afterwards was also great, followed by dinner at the “Kill Devil Hill Diner”, good stuff. Now we are back in our hotel enjoying a night of relaxation. Tomorrow we leave for Wilmington, doubt we can drive down the coast like I wanted to, thanks Earl – but at least we got to see the islands. So far it’s been a nice relaxing trip.

No comments:

Maine - Day 9

It rained today; if it was going to rain today was really the best day for it as we needed to travel so I'm grateful.  We've really ...