Sunday, August 30, 2009

Good Day

Today was a good day. We went to church with Billy & his family this morning followed by lunch. Overall an enjoyable morning spent with good people. Then this evening we ventured back out to attend our church, Mableton Assembly of God. This was our first time attending when they had a men's/women's night and I must say it was neat. We had a time of joint worship which was powerful. I'm not perfect by any means, and won't claim to know God's spirit or how/why he moves when he does. However, tonight I felt his presence in a way I haven't in quite some time. The old questions come up - Was it my emotions or God? I choose to believe it was God's spirit. I prayed with my husband; something I have never done. It was a powerful moment one I'm not likely to forget. It's funny - even as I type this I find myself wanting to press delete... to not share this moment, my mind is saying nah, it was just you... that wasn't God. I refuse to believe that ... "I will declare your name to my brothers; in the presence of the congregation I will sing your praises." "I will Put my trust in him" Romans 2:12&13

After the service we split up (Men in one room / Women in another) and had a separate time of sharing. The pastor's wife, Gina lead ours and she is quite humorous. I am enjoying the people of this church. Their distinct personalities come together to make a home/ a family... one I hope to truly become a part of. After the time of sharing we had some snacks - mainly desert which is the best part of meal time, right :) hee ... I felt comfortable enough to bring out my camera and take a few pictures. I'm surprised I felt comfortable enough this early in going to the church to take pictures but I really did. It also opened some doors to have conversation and begin getting to know some of the church family. One guy used to repair cameras - I don't really know his name, but he is a funny guy. I think Jim... maybe anyway I enjoyed talking to him. And the Associate Pastor Mike is always a hoot. Anyway, it was fun... we meet some people and I even invited some out to the grill out we are planning for Saturday. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone more...

Here is to cherishing old friends, making new ones and growing together with God.

No comments:

Maine - Day 9

It rained today; if it was going to rain today was really the best day for it as we needed to travel so I'm grateful.  We've really ...