Sunday, August 23, 2009

Hopeful

As some of you may know I've started attending a local church (Mableton Assembly of God). We have been going for a few weeks now and while I still struggle with some old haunts I find myself happy and glad to be back in a church family. I find myself trying to find new ways to incorporate God into my life, new ways to regain my walk with him. And yes I find myself trying to dictate the path by which this walk is done - Something I continue to struggle with. However, the point is - I'm trying again. I feel I am in the right place and that this is the right time.

I find myself wanting to study and learn, clearing my schedule to be at Church when I can and generally hopeful about what tomorrow will bring. I can't share what a joyous relief that is; words simply aren't good enough.

Another great thing is that for the first time in 8 years my husband and I are openly talking about religion /faith and etc... He has agreed to go with me to Church- I'm just so excited to know that my husband is willing to walk with me as we both walk closer with God. Just exciting; I can't wait to see what the future holds :)

Next Sunday night is a men's/women's ministry night. Maybe I'll get to know some people... I always struggle meeting new people. They are friendly and I try to smile and be friendly back, but I don't know I kinda retreat into my shell and peak out from the safety :) hee... Hopefully I'll get over that and maybe make some great friends in the process.

No comments:

Maine - Day 9

It rained today; if it was going to rain today was really the best day for it as we needed to travel so I'm grateful.  We've really ...