Sunday, May 07, 2006

SP8 Questionnaire

Another SP about to start - can't wait. Here is my questionnaire.

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

I love fibers that are soft to the touch such as Alpaca and etc… I also like the Noro yarns because of the colors.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?

A hand sewn case that ties.

3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

Almost a year; still at beginner level.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

No

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)

I’m not a big candle person – the stong smells they generate tend to give me headaches. I do love flowery smells for bath products and Cool Water is my fav perfume.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

Brownies are always good. Chocolate and hard candies are as well… I love anything that is sweet really.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?

Digitial Photography, Scrapbooking, Make homemade frames

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

Country and some soft rock. My comp can play MP3's

9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?

I like pinks and reds. Also love the autumn colors.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

Married with 2 cats

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

All of the above; but not too heavy; doesn’t get that cold down here.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

I’m really enjoying bags right now and scarves. I’m still very much a beginner so this is about all I’ve done.

13. What are you knitting right now?

Booga Bag, Scarf

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

Absolutely

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

Bamboo - Straight

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?

No

17. How did you learn to knit?

Sister-in-law, books and internet help.

18. How old is your oldest UFO?

2 months

19. What is your favorite holiday?

Christmas

20. Is there anything that you collect?

Stuff with dolphins and / or butterflies…. Can never get enough picture frames either.

21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

Hmm… not that I can think of

22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?

Just need to get better at reading patterns so I can branch out.

23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?

No, unsure of sock size – shoe is 7 1/2

24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)

July 10th

4 comments:

Nic said...

Good job getting your questionnaire. Every time I see that your from Stone Mountain I remember spending a Friday night there and seeing a laser show. It was amazing. /SP8 Nic

Mylerna said...

yea, it's pretty neat. I've got some peps coming in June to visit and we are all going to watch it. If you are ever in town again let me know...we live literally 5 min from the mountain

Andy said...

The laser shows can be quite fun with friends. I know I have had fond memories of the laser shows. Remember to "claim your land in the name of the queen" early with a blanket and some chairs and park close to the exit. Ofcourse, I'm sure the regulars already know that. Oh, and let the person that you like the least drive. The traffic... oh the traffic.

Anonymous said...

I am glad to get to know you better! I am also new at knitting.

Maine - Day 9

It rained today; if it was going to rain today was really the best day for it as we needed to travel so I'm grateful.  We've really ...