Wellness in my mind has 4 parts: Spiritual, Emotional, Dietary, Fitness. This week my body told me I needed to pay closer attention to one or more of the parts. That is the way it is – you can be really strong in one area, but if you aren’t watching all 4 you will have issues. Wellness is a chair – all 4 legs need to be touching the ground or you will tip over and I tipped over. The Dr’s really can’t put a diagnosis on it – which is frustrating – but my body is telling me it’s time to re-evaluate, that is for sure.
But Lisa? You are always talking about removing chemicals and oils and etc… Why are you sick? I am, and the oils did not fail me. They have kept me as well as they could, they have kept me from being in –the bed for WEEKs like I would have been with a sickness a few years ago. If I worked a typical job, I would have been out of 1 one day vs. 5. They have been awesome, but I have let the fitness and the dietary legs slack a little and my body is telling me this.
I lost the weight I wanted to lose and after such I’ve kind of been slack on my eating. We haven’t completely reverted, but with all the Christmas dinners and the like I have been eating more pre-processed carbs (bread, noodles, etc…) and have had more sugar than I normally take in. I’ve also not been exercising at all. We stopped walking due to being busy and it being cold, I haven’t been doing my Beachbody videos – I just let it slip.
So, what is my plan?
- Pray for healing
- Continue to study God’s word! I’m starting a new Faith study with my aunt this week 😊
- Continue using my oils DAILY – allow them to help me replenish my immune system and help me to continue help with my emotional issues. Plus, I like the smell 😊
- Take the medicines as prescribed - though I may not take all of these pain pills, they are highly addictive which I don't want and they make me feel weird :) Ignore any random 3 AM post - it may not be my fault haha
- Get back to natural foods – Lower Carbs – really sticking to those that are not processed, Reduced Sugar, etc…
- Start working out again -this is the hardest for me because I simply don’t enjoy working out. I don’t mind walking with Mama, but it’s cold so I know that won’t happen. The Beachbody videos are good – it’s just never really been a joy for me…EVER. I hated gym class. But our bodies need to move so I’m going to start light this week with a yoga series and then ramp it up next week when my body has recovered some more.
That’s my plan – I pray God blesses it or if it’s not his will I pray he changes it for a better one. What are you doing to help you get through this season of germs and stress?