Friday, June 19, 2009

Life Is Life

Life is life there is no real rhyme or reason to why it happens the way it does. Why some people sail and others doggy paddle through it... the reason is unknown. Do I believe that as people we make our lives what it is? Yes, to a degree we can and do choose our own path. However, we don't often times get to choose the roadblocks that we run across along the way. They are put there in my opinion to challenge us, to make us stop and think, to make us grow. Why some peoples roadblocks are harder than others - I don't know. Why some people have mountains to climb and others a pebble to step over I don't know.

What I do know without a doubt is that one person's mountain is another's pebble and one person's pebble is another person's mountain. How a person choose to handle the roadblock often determines if it is a mountain or a pebble. The choice is theirs - let them make it.

On another yet similar note: I can't judge whether another person's life has been hard or easy - life is life! One person may be rich due to inheriting millions, what we may not know is the violence they endured growing up. One person may have very little money yet enjoy a quality of life few of us will ever have. We just don't know. To try and judge a person's life and say "oh they have never endured nothing" or "they have had it easy" is wrong and insulting to the person you are doing it to. You don't know their mind or their hearts or what goes on behind closed doors.

Currently in my life I have drama arising on all sides both in my own home, in my family and in my work environment. Some of it I can control, some of it I have to watch and hear unfold and other parts I can only pray for those enduring it. There is a part of me a very large part that wants to just reach out and fix it but A) I can't and B) If I could those individuals would learn nothing. So I sit and watch and try to keep my mouth shut. It's hard because I disagree with much that is being said and done. In my mind and in my soul I just simply disagree - Biting my tongue has never been my strong suit. I'm trying, sometimes unsuccessfully, but I am trying to stay out of much of it and keep my mouth shut.

No comments:

Maine - Day 9

It rained today; if it was going to rain today was really the best day for it as we needed to travel so I'm grateful.  We've really ...