Saturday, June 13, 2009

10 Years - High School Reunion

Just getting home from my 10 year reunion. I'd have to say it was nice to see everyone... even though the event itself was not what I expected. You walked in and there were dining tables set up to eat at, which is cool. However, there was no alcohol. Mingling generally requires alcohol for many people, especially me. Plus the way it was set up every one seem to come in find a table and sit. Some people were socially comfortable enough to get up and mingle, but most just talked to those at there table.

Some of us went out into the parking lot for some liquid courage, but having not expected to have to do so my hot mixed drink wasn't exactly tasty (we had brought alcohol knowing we were going to a party at a friends afterwards).

So overall it was nice to see everyone, but I wish the setup would have been a bit different; something to encourage mingling. I didn't even really feel comfortable taking pictures -> and you know that's not me!

No comments:

Maine - Day 9

It rained today; if it was going to rain today was really the best day for it as we needed to travel so I'm grateful.  We've really ...