Friday, April 17, 2009

Savannah - Evening 1

Well, I''m here sitting in my comfy hotel room relaxing ... We went to dinner at Bernie's down on the Savannah riverfront. Not one I recommend... our food was good, but not good enough to match the prices. $14 shrimp basket I expect alot of shrimp and I expect them be killer; instead we got some shrimp that are pretty good and fries that tasted like they were poured out of the frozen food bag. The atmosphere was loud and barish (not good when w/ older people who can't hear well); but it was food and I was hungry.

I could have walked on the river front for a while after dinner and enjoyed the atmosphere, but the temperature dropped drastically when it got dark and none of us were dressed for it so we came back to the hotel. However, when we were helping Hapaw in the car a man made and gave her one of the straw roses. He spoke very nicely about her being blessed to live so long and that she was a rose. I'm not really doing it justice here, but it was sweet, well spoken and she loved it. Probably made her day! I know it would have mine.

Now we are back at the hotel and I'm telling you about our adventure thus far. It is probably a good thing we are at the hotel - we need to get some rest anyway - Hapaw gets tired easy and I want her to enjoy exploring tomorrow. We brought her wheel chair so that should help some.

We are only staying the one night so tomorrow I will be blogging the rest of the trip from my own home. You know I love to travel... If I had my dream job it would be a nature photographer for the National Geographic, but this weekend I really wouldn't mind being at home playing Evercrack II. Horrible I know -- Tomorrow will be fun though; if not I'll fake it till it is :) Fake it till you make it!

Good Night Blogland

No comments:

Maine - Day 9

It rained today; if it was going to rain today was really the best day for it as we needed to travel so I'm grateful.  We've really ...