Friday, April 17, 2009

Savannah - We are Here

We decided to take a weekend stroll to Savannah with Mama and Jack's grandmother, Hapaw. We arrived at the hotel about an 20 minutes ago and are 'resting' before going out to dinner. When traveling w/ the elderly resting is a requirement. Unfortunately it also equals sitting in a hotel room board and facebook is apparently down - so you all get to hear me ramble on about nothing.

We are staying at the Comfort Inn and Suites. I'm not sure I've ever stayed at one before and I must say I'm impressed thus far. It wasn't expensive and the rooms are clean, spacious and bright! All good signs, plus the bed seems really comfy!

On a completely different topic we are having dinner next week with an friend of mine from high school. I haven't seen him in ... well at least 11 years, maybe 12. I'm looking forward to it and my brief conversation with him today reminded me of why we were friends, but at the same time I'm nervous.... People change alot in 11 years. Lord knows I have - Man 11 year's ago I was the super "Christian" Girl at school. The one nobody really cared for cause I was so vocal in my beliefs and well let's face it I was never "popular material", now I'm ... I'm just me. The girl who cusses worse than most sailors; has a drink when she feels like it and generally just lives her life. Don't get me wrong, I'm still a christian and I still try to live my life with a certain degree of responsibility, but the fanatic is gone and Thank the Lord for that.

Will he like the me that exist now? Will we still have things in common, will the conversation flow or be full of awkward silences? You know general worries that will disappear the minute we start talking.

I'll let you know how it goes. For now I'm signing off - dinner awaits. Have a great weekend blogland.

No comments:

Maine - Day 9

It rained today; if it was going to rain today was really the best day for it as we needed to travel so I'm grateful.  We've really ...