Sunday, September 30, 2012

Italy Day 5


Italy Day 5

Today we left Florence & headed for Venice.  Mostly, it was a traveling day, however we did stop for lunch in Verona, which was nice.  They have an amphitheater similar to the Coliseum, but smaller.   This is also the town Romeo & Juliet were based in.  The town is mainly shopping, but it was pretty & a nice little stroll.
One thing to note here is I paid .70 Euro to use the potty only to find a sunken toilet in the floor.  So basically a whole that I stood over, interesting to say the least…
We then headed to Venice which is fascinating.  The water city!  We rode in a Gondola.  I worried we were going to tip over or Mama would fall out…  We also took a water taxi which is very expensive to dinner.  I wasn’t impressed with the service tonight at dinner, but it was good overall.   Jack and I waltzed in St. Mark square before we headed back to the hotel.

No comments:

Maine - Day 9

It rained today; if it was going to rain today was really the best day for it as we needed to travel so I'm grateful.  We've really ...