Sunday, January 15, 2012

2012

So it is now 15 days into 2012 and I find myself discovering/analyzing what I want to focus on for the upcoming year. I don't want to do resolutions - for they most always fail, but I do want 2012 to be a great year.

My brother was just down for a weekend.. It was nice to see him and his family. His daughter is growing into such a little lady. I enjoyed their visit, but as they left I also found I enjoyed the silence that followed. Don't get me wrong, I'd love for them to have stayed another few days. I just noticed the silence once they were gone, the peace of it and the fact that my spirit found rest and joy in it.

So I guess my first thought is I want 2012 to be a year of quiet reflection. Of soft moments of pleasure and contentment.

I also find that I want to do more with my time. I want 24 hours to be streched into 30, but since I can't do that I just need to figure out how to do more. Don't get me wrong, I still love my days of rest... those days where you do nothing but veg and read a good book or have a tv marathon, but I also want to accomplish more that...

- I want to work around the house and do several projects that are burning in my mind: closet, stain decks/bridges, build laptop box, etc...
- Work on growing professionally
- Get more active with my scrapbooking either paper or digitally
- Finish uploading all pictures
- Do more of the books for our vacations
- Continue at the gym, ramp up my workouts and be diligent about getting both my cardio and my weights done.
- Get up earlier and have time for a morning Yoga and Time with God... this is going to be my hardest challenge.
- Get more serious about my bible studies
- Spend time with God daily
- Live my life as God would have me live it - including getting rid of my attitude issues, my grumpiness, my foul mouth, my self-centered expectations and etc...
- Learn to listen to my husband more, critize less - grow in our marriage. Continue to treasure the comfort of knowing he is there regardless. Treat him like the jewel that he is.

And with that I need to learn more than ever to sit quietly, enjoy things more and stop taking myself too seriously.

Have a great 2012 blogland... Love you!

No comments:

Maine - Day 9

It rained today; if it was going to rain today was really the best day for it as we needed to travel so I'm grateful.  We've really ...