Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Tonight's Dinner

First and foremost,God answers prayers! I lost my keys on Monday (house/car/house security fob/Jack's car/office/all of them...). I've been praying and have asked my FB family to pray they turn up. Today Sam's called and had found them!!!! Yes God is good all the time.

Today overall was really good - productive. For the first time since I started at B&C I feel as if I may get caught up. What I know, don't jinx it, but I can't take the credit. I have a new lady working with me that is really helping and I really have just handed the job over to God. It's amazing what you can do when you aren't trying to do it alone.

I did pretty good today with the food too though one recipe didn't quite work out. For those interested the food log is below, along with the link from last night's dinner. For those of you checking out due to not needing new recipes thanks for letting me share my day with you. Thanks for being my sounding board in the void of the internet. I love you all and wish you a great night's rest followed by a a day filled with joy and wonder.

Last Night (Sorry I didn't link it in the last post, I ran out of time this AM):
- - This was really good and super quick.
-
Mexican Lime & Cilantro Coleslaw
Spicy Skillet Chicken - Not going in my recipe book, but Jack really liked it. I didn't care for it and neither did Mama.

Breakfast
-Raisin Bran Cereal
- 1/2 Piece of Orange-Blueberry Bread
- Coffee

Lunch
- Ham Sandwich on Honey Oat Bread
- Grapes
- Water

Snack: Tangerine & a miniature Mr. Goodbar :)

Dinner:
- Turkey Meatloaf ***** - Mama's Meatloaf Recipe with Turkey Vs Hamburger Meat. I couldn't tell the difference and Turkey is so much better for you!
- Garlic Cauliflower - **** - Super good, I liked the bite with no garlic, then next bite would have some effect. FYI - You could use frozen cauliflower w/ no issue in this recipe and I used Olive Oil instead of butter on the sauce.
- Farmhouse Carrots - I won't be making this again, but I am saving the recipe for the sauce that is created and poured over the carrots. The onions were delicious! The carrots were just carrots, they tasted like carrots, the glaze did not change their flavor at all. Why go through all the work just to eat a carrot. I can do that by opening the fridge and grabbing one. But the sauce was good on the onions, really really good. I'll make that again.
- Sweet Tea
- Bread

And with that I'll leave you since my eyes are trying to close. Good night blogland I love you.

No comments:

Maine - Day 9

It rained today; if it was going to rain today was really the best day for it as we needed to travel so I'm grateful.  We've really ...