Thursday, October 08, 2009

Grand Canyon - Day 6

Day 6 – Bryce Canyon
October 8, 2009

Today we drove a couple hours out of Kanub to Bryce Canyon. It was an enjoyable day – the views were unique and ever changing. The same scene would look completely differnet depending on the angle you looked at it from. We spent the entire day viewing the various vista’s of the park and really enjoyed it... We also saw several wild animals around the park.

The first animals were the deer standing outside the restaurant we ate at for lunch. There was a family of 4 with a new baby deer. He was so cute; he was still furry and his ears were just adorable; those brown eyes were just precious. It was alot of fun and I think i got some great pictures.

The second animal sighting was a Coyote standing in a field. It wasn’t a space we could pull over so I made Jack stop and let me out on the side of the road. It was hillarous, but I got some pictures of him. 400MM was still not enough; I’m sure I’ll have to postcrop to really see him but I can prove I saw a Coyote in the wild. She or He knew I was there; he kept looking back to see what I was going to do. I loved ever minute of it.

We also saw chipmunks. They were so cute with their tails as long as their bodies. Super Super Cute and quick!

The last animal today we saw was the Raven. These are truly beautiful birds who are smart as anything. They are bigger than I expected and their feathers when ruffled almost makes them look furry.

Overall it was nice enjoyable day. I really do hope the pictures turn out... One more day and then we fly home. We are having a great time, but I’m about ready to see my kitties.

No comments:

Maine - Day 9

It rained today; if it was going to rain today was really the best day for it as we needed to travel so I'm grateful.  We've really ...