Monday, July 13, 2009

Weekend In Recap

I try to be diligent about documenting our weekend trips here. I do it for more my sake than those on the endless web that may stumble across this page as I like to remember them years from now and this is my way of accomplishing that task. I find myself looking back on stuff I did two / three years ago and am so grateful I took the time to blog about it.

So with that being said to follow is a recap of our trip the weekend.

Friday

Friday was my birthday! I turned 28 years old. To many of you reading this that is still young, but to me it feels old. I remember when I turned 18 and 21. I wouldn't go back to then because I'm such a different person now (hopefully a better one), but I would take the body back :) hee.

To celebrate I took the day off and stayed home. I had planned on vegging all day and watching TV, however around 11 I got the urge to clean. Don't ask me why or how, but I did. My house is now spotless :) I still have some boxes in the red room and in our bedroom I need to deal with but the house itself is good! Jack even came home mid day and joined in on the cleaning action :) I love my husband!

After my cleaning episode, I need meds, I know, Jack and I got dressed and headed out to meet some friends for dinner / dancing. We ate at the Olive Garden and the food was yummy. Steve and Leo also brought me a B-Day cake that was a Strawberry shortcake (or similar) and a singing candle. The candle wouldn't cut off and later wound up in a million pieces (still singing)... it was persistent what can we say :)

After Dinner we went to Cowboy's for drinks and dancing. We were there till around 2:30 and despite the slight hangover the next morning I have to say that I had the best time! It was really a blast. Thanks to everyone who came, I really did appreciate it!

Saturday

Saturday I intended to get up and out of the house by 10. Instead we got out by 11:30. Which meant by time we ate lunch it was close to 1 before we could begin our day. I had planned to take the scenic route to Toccoa to visit our friends Lester & Linda, however after getting to Jasper / Tate, GA we realized that with the time given it wasn't going to happen. So we saw Tate, GA and took a few pictures then headed directly to Toccoa. We will have to do our scenic trip another day...

Once we got to Lester & Linda's we had dinner at their house. Linda is always the best cook :) It was good to see them again and to see their new little girl, Leslie. She is such a doll. They have three children all starting with L. I swear I'm going to get Lester a T-Shirt that says the House of L one day.

I also have to say it was also awkward to see them again. I've known them for close to 20 years and love them dearly, but when you don't see people for a large gaps of time your lives begin to drift in different directions. I was such a different person when they were in my life on an active basis. Not to mention the fact that we all have our own separate lives now and they don't really connect in anyway. I hope we can maintain our friendship and grow closer again, time will tell.

Regardless of any of that it was really great to see them again. Their girls (all three) are such a joy to watch. I remember when the first two were born and now they are teenagers - Yep I'm old, sigh.

Sunday

Sunday we woke up from the hotel and went on a McDonald's run before going to hear Lester preach. It was interesting being in church again; it brought back a ton of memories. Some good, some not so good. I think Lester pulled out the "Sermon's For Lisa Folder" that I'm sure he has stashed somewhere (Joke - At least I hope he doesn't have a folder hee). The sermon seemed tailored, for the most part, to fit me. I'm just not sure I want to go back there again. I love the Lord and I believe without a doubt he sent his Son to die on a cross for me. I believe... What I'm not sure I'm ready for is the church. I've discussed this before on this blog (here and on other dates I'm sure) and will probably discuss it again as it is something I struggle with. I know I'm not where I should be, but I'm not sure how to get where I need to be w/o conquering some old haunts I'm not sure I can conquer. Ah well time will see.

After the service we headed out to lunch with Lester and his family again. This lunch was a little bit more comfortable and reminded me of the times of old with Lester and his family. It still wasn't the relationship it used to be, I doubt it ever will be the same again. However, it is obvious we all still care deeply for one another and it was really terrific to see them again. Hopefully, we can start to see each other more often and the awkwardness will begin to fade.

We then headed home to get ready for the next work day! Overall it was a really nice weekend.

No comments:

Maine - Day 9

It rained today; if it was going to rain today was really the best day for it as we needed to travel so I'm grateful.  We've really ...