Sunday, December 30, 2007

2008

2008 is approaching fast. I'm not sure I'm happy with the speed time seems to be taking. I mean just last week it was July and now it's almost New Years. In 2008 I'll be out of High School 9 years. In 2008 my nephew will be 16. It just seems to early for me to feel this old... This week I've been in a very reflective mood; almost a self destructive one. I've been seeing all the things wrong with me and my life. Not a great attitude to have, so as 2008 rolls around its time look at what I want to change, but before I do lets look at the goals for 2007 and see how I did.

2007 Goals

1) Exercise more - I know I said I was going to do this during 2006's visit but now I shall try again. I was doing ok with this; we bought an exercise bike and I was using it till the holidays came around and it had to go in the garage to make room for the tree. But I made progress w/ this goal and have every intention of getting back on the bike soon.
2) GRADUATE with my MBA Done
3) Grow in my relationship with my husband There is always room to grow so this goal will never be truly accomplished but I feel we've become closer this year. We've talked more, shared more, laughed more and if possible loved more.
4) Become more social - Make new friends - Nurture and grow my relationships with old ones. I don't have too many 'old friends' but the couple I can name haven't really been active in my life in 2007. I wish Amanda and I were closer but I know she is there if I need her and I hope she knows that about me. The other friend I have in mind... well some things are better left to fade into sweet memories before the become bitter ones. As far as making new friends I think we have; actually we've made a nice set of couple friends. Nate and Melanie are kin but I consider them dear friends and Steve and Leo are new to our lives but a blessed addition. I could have done better with the 'social' part of this goal, but progress was made.
5) Become more self sufficient - Learn More - Enjoy learning for the sake of learning. Welp, I failed miserably at this one. I've learned some and took a photography class to learn more but I still would prefer someone tell me how it's done rather than figure it out on my own. I'm just lazy like that. This is something I will continue to work on at my husbands behest but well lets just say I'm not optimistic.
6) Complain Less - Appreciate More I love to complain and I hate myself for it. I think I've done a little bit better job with appreciating my life but I'm still a queen complainer. I love to bitch... I wish I wasn't like that. This will be a goal for 08!

Overall I think I did ok with my goals for 2007. Now for 2008 - what shall I do? Whom shall I become? What is important to me right now?

1) Complain Less - Appreciate More
2) Stop Worrying what Others think or What they are saying about me? Learn that people don't talk about you every time your back is turned and if they do don't worry about it. This is going to be a tough one.
3) Femininity
4) Control My Moods better.
5) Stop Nagging or at least slow down
6) Compliment More

Well, hopefully 2008 will be full of love, hope and success. Hopefully it will bring with it a sense of newness and awe. Hopefully, it will help me get out of this emotional turmoil I seem to be in. Hopefully, it will be glorious for both my family and yours.

Good night to all and sweet dreams.

No comments:

Maine - Day 9

It rained today; if it was going to rain today was really the best day for it as we needed to travel so I'm grateful.  We've really ...