Saturday, October 13, 2007

Movies

Have I told you that I love movies? They are a slight obsession of mine! The funny thing is that I'm not a 'hollywood' addict. I don't know but a few actors/actresses name, I don't know directors and I don't give a shit about what happens in their personal lives but I love the movies. I normally will equate actors to their roles. Such as ... saying hey do you remember that guy that played in 'Sweet Home Alabama' or that girl that played in 'Save the Last Dance'.

Why am I telling you this? Well, I'm not really sure except to tell you that I had some retail therapy today. Hollywood Video is going out of business which means all DVD's are on SALE! We got 22 movies for $139!!! I bought 4 or 5 movies at Best Buy the other day for almost that amount. Yes, we buy a lot of movies. We tried to rent, but ended up paying more in late fees than the movies and well I like to own them. It's about the only thing I collect. We have approximately 1000 movies (very rough estimate) and some of them or are on VHS. MUST REPLACE! And I love to decide hey I need a happy mood, or I need to kick some ass, or I need some adventure and be able to go into my movie collection and pull out a custom ordered mood. I can put the movie in and slip away for a couple hours into a world, into a life, into a town that is not mine. For those 2 hours I am a reporter, a superstar, a fighter, a dancer or what ever/who ever's world I decide to slip into. You can not ask for more, you really can't.

Tonight we watched "Holiday" a movie where two women trade houses/cars and lives for 2 weeks. GREAT FUN MOVIE. Full of laughs, drama and a general feel good movie. I loved it and it was exactly what I need. Jack even liked it. Now we have slipped into the world of sex, violence and drugs in Miami Vice. Life is good; Seize the Moment!

No comments:

Maine - Day 9

It rained today; if it was going to rain today was really the best day for it as we needed to travel so I'm grateful.  We've really ...