Sunday, February 04, 2007

Organ Donation

Ok, so I know it's not a pleasant subject and probably not one you were prepared to hear about on my blog, but.... A guy I went to high school with has recently underwent a liver transplant. I really don't understand much about why he needed the transplant other than it was a rare condition, however I do know this - his quality of life and the fact that he will be with us for years to come is thanks to the fact that some soul our there was kind enough to be an organ donor. I mean come on are you really going to need them when you are gone? (I know unpleasant to think about but you really should)! If you are not an organ donor please consider becoming one and if you are one already be sure and make sure your family knows your wishes; it's ultimately their call in, at least in the state of GA.

Check out Josh's blog for more details: http://joshcarpenter.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Over 15 years ago, a sister of a friend needed a liver transplant. She has a t-shirt that says "Please recycle, you might save a life." A humorous tongue-in-cheek message about an important topic.

Little Fire said...

Hi Lisa,
it is so lovely to finally be able to read your blog and find out all about you :) Please keep in touch when you have the chance...I know what its like to be busy!
Also this is a really admiralbe blog topic. I unfortunately can't be an organ donor, as I have a rare blood dyficiency, but thanks to blood donors I was able to have a blood transfusion at 2 days old. Different topic on the same vein, so to speak. lookafter yourself and I look forward to reading even more blogs.
px

African Kelli said...

One of my friends had a heart transplant and blogs about it here: www.amazingzipperedwoman.blog.com
I am such an advocate for organ donation!

Maine - Day 9

It rained today; if it was going to rain today was really the best day for it as we needed to travel so I'm grateful.  We've really ...