Friday, September 25, 2015

Boston Day 7

9/25/15

I've officially killed them. Mama and Jack are both crying for mercy / down time. Mama especially, though Jack may have been more vocal. Its sad to see my Mama slow down...she was the one who always said on vacations, you can rest when you get home. Wanted to see and do... now it appears naps will be a vacation requirement. This is ok in itself, but what it symbolizes saddens me.

Anyway, we had a good day, but it was shortened.

We got up, ate, and left the hotel by 9:00. We went down to Copley Square and walked around. We had to sidetrack to hunt down a belt - Mama's pants were super loose on her. Vacationers hunting for a belt in one of the most expensive shopping districts - fun. We finally found one at H&M for $6.

The walk to look for said belt was nice, the shops are quaint and we walked down Commerce Avenue which is pretty. We also saw a couple of churches that are in the area:

1) Old South Church - GORGEOUS - You could go in this one and it really was a pretty site.
2) First Baptist Church - this one was really pretty as well, but closed for visitation.

After walking the Back Bay area a bit we went to join the 11AM tour of the Boston Library. It was pretty - we left the tour about 1/3 of the way through as that woman was just giving too many details about architectural history and honestly we didn't care. We finished touring on our own. The building is well done and pretty, but nothing like the Library of Congress in DC - now that is a gorgeous building.

After the library we walked over to Trinity Church, another gorgeous facility. We attended an organ concert there at 12. It was classical music, so not my thing, but to hear the Pipe Organ in it's full glory was something else and well worth the few minutes. Plus we were off of our feet.

We then went a BBQ Restaurant named Wiskeys and it was really good! I love their spinach/artichoke dip and they have what I consider real Baked Beans.

Then I gave the group a choice 1) Ducks / Swan Boats in the park, 2) Tea Party Site or 3) Hotel and a nap.

Can you guess the choice? We came back to the hotel and rested - I admit I took a 3 hour nap myself, though I would have preferred the boats :)

Jack and I then got up and went for dinner at a restaurant here in Revere, called the Wharf. Food was excellent - service sucked! We brought Mama back a hamburger and now I'm cozy in my bed typing to you all.

Tomorrow I've changed our plans to do a scenic drive up the coast vs. going back into Boston - it will be pretty and well, I think its what our group needs so ... we will change and adapt. Plane leaves at 4 PM tomorrow so this time tomorrow night I'll be traveling home. You all be safe and thanks for listening to my ramblings from Boston.

No comments:

Maine - Day 9

It rained today; if it was going to rain today was really the best day for it as we needed to travel so I'm grateful.  We've really ...