Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Painting - Painting and More Painting

We closed on our house on the 29th of April and are glad that part of the game is over with. Mableton still needs to sale, but at least now we can begin to get settled. We aren't actually moving our stuff in until the 21st and 22nd of May - right now it's paint time. And boy do I mean paint. We are painting every single room of the new house and it is taking what seems like forever.

As I was driving back to the apartment tonight I was thinking of how long it was taking and why - I am loosing track of what we did when so I'm going t0 use this blog as a house renovation journal. Mainly so I can look back years from now and remember the stories, hopefully you will enjoy our journey along the way.

1) Friday May 30th - We taped up Mama's living room and office. Mama took off all the face plate covers for us.

2) Saturday May 1st - Bobby and DeAnn came down to help us. They were a great help and it was fun to see them. We got a first coat on Mama's living room, office and dining room. The most memorable paint moment of the day is when Bobby had a cup of paint and started talking... a few minutes later we realized there were streams of red paint all over the floor where he was moving his hands while chatting. It was so funny and luckily most of it got on the plastic and what didn't was easily wiped up. We wrapped up painting around 4 PM and then went to dinner at Outback followed by the play Annie. Overall it was an extremely productive today, plus it was fun to visit with family that I hadn't seen in way too long.

3) Sunday May 2nd - Jack and I got a second and final coat on Mama's living room / Office. The only thing left to do in this area is the top of her office area - it will have to wait for an extension ladder. The tape was removed in these rooms and they are considered complete.

4) Monday May 3rd - Jack and I put a second coat on the beige part of the living room.

5) Tuesday May 4th - We put a second coat of red on Mama's living room and did some touch ups with a hobby paint brush on the areas that were slightly messed up. It is a paneled room so it was a load of fun to paint... But it's done other than clean up so we are excited. Major pain in the but room.

6) Wednesday, May 5th - Jack cleaned up the living room (pulled tape, cleaned plastic, etc...) and I did a first coat on one of the orange walls in the kitchen. I accidentally painted part of the soon to be beige wall orange... I had to wash it off with a sponge. It didn't all come off put it looks good.

7) Thursday May 6th - Jack painted Mama's bathroom and I painted the second coat of the orange and finished up that color.

8) Friday May 7th - We took the night off and went to see Iron Man 2 - awesome movie and some MUCH needed down time.

9) Saturday May 8th - I went and chopped off all my hair - Cut like 13 inches off of it! I look like a new person completely. After that we met back at Grovetown, grabbed some lunch and started painting again. I painted the first coat of the beige in Mama's kitchen and Jack painted the top part of her bedroom. Here bedroom is two colors divided by a chair rail: a really light blue and a dark blue on the bottom.

10) Sunday May 9th - I did a second coat of the beige in the kitchen, cleaned up the tape from the bathroom and rehung the bathroom fixtures. Jack touched up the light blue areas and did a first coat of the dark blue on the bottom. I also cleaned the floors in the bathroom / kitchen area of Mama's house. Jack didn't put enough plastic down for me to help him... I'm too messy.

11) Monday May 10th - I didn't feel well today. I was tired and didn't feel very well. I took 1/2 day off and got some much needed sleep and then went in to work. It's absolutely crazy busy at the office with me trying to handle a heavy renewal month with out really being comfortable with the accounts yet. Absolutely nutz! After work I took the night off. I tried to talk Jack into resting, but the decided to go on over and finish up Mama's bedroom.

12) Tuesday May 11th - We began the first coat of color in the spare bedroom in our area. We are painting it Turquoise and it is the first room to be painted in our section and I am loving it. Its bold and beautiful. We painted for 3 hours and still didn't get the entire first coat on. Mama helped us tonight by cleaning my kitchen cabinets out - bless her! I can deal with paint but not icky stuff and there is lots of icky stuff.

13) Wednesday May 12th - We worked some more on the spare bedroom - still don't have the entire first coat down, but it is close. I'm still loving the color!

So 13 days to paint 6.75 rooms! Wow, at that pace we are in trouble... Ah well, guess we will be painting with furniture in the house. Nothing to stress over - I'm determined to enjoy this house and it's changing character. So far the colors we choose are bold and awesome. Its a unique house and it will have a unique style - OURS.

No comments:

Maine - Day 9

It rained today; if it was going to rain today was really the best day for it as we needed to travel so I'm grateful.  We've really ...