Sunday, May 16, 2010

Good Progress

We have made some good progress this weekend in addition to spending way too much money but ah well.

Yesterday a gentleman named Gene met us at Lowes with his pick up truck and a trailer. We picked up a lawn mower and the a set of the following lighting set. Its way cool, we got a chandelier for the living room, a dining room light, a island light, a floor lamp, etc...

It was so great of him to let us use his truck... he got a fridge out of the deal and we are now fridgeless, which is awesome. I won't disgust you with the ugliness we found under /behind that fridge - ICK!

We did some serious painting too. Got two coats of red in the bedroom (it may need one more) and we got the laundry room completely painted. Though that was a bit of a nightmare to paint. It was a bit like painting with water... We also got the tape off of the spare bedroom and have one of the closets taped. I know it doesn't sound like much, but it was a lot.

We also bought a ceiling fan for my bedroom, new fixtures, mirrors and etc... for our bathroom, a ceiling fan for the back porch, some door screens and an entire new set of knobs and handles for the kitchen. I can't shop anymore for a while but it was fun to get the stuff that is going to make this house mine.

We'll continue working through Wednesday and what gets painted gets painted and what doesn't will just have to wait till after we get moved. We meet the movers in the ATL on Friday! Can't wait to get really settled and be out of this apartment!

For now it's time to get some sleep. I have band aids on my feet and hands from being project accident prone, aches in places I didn't know I had an am generally just tired. I have a ton of work to do before I'm off for 4 days beginning on Friday. Not sure how I'm going to take the time off, but I am...

Not going to worry about it for now- night.

No comments:

Maine - Day 9

It rained today; if it was going to rain today was really the best day for it as we needed to travel so I'm grateful.  We've really ...