Monday, February 02, 2009

25 Random Things

From Facebook - 25 Random Facts about me.

1) I love tv/movies /etc... any good story and I can escape my life for a short period of time. Love IT

2) I get easily addicted to games like EQII - I'm playing again now, but I'm guarding my life from EQ II addiction though by limiting our playing time.

3) I'm not a primpy person...I hate spending time on my apperance, but love looking good -Go figure

4) I'm not dedicated to any hobby. Several things I enjoy but there is no passion to learn/expand/etc..

5) Photography is one of my biggest hobbies. I don't research how do to it better and have no desire to learn how to do the light tricks etc... but enjoy finding the perfect shot and taking it. I take tons of pictures,800 in one day while I was in Scotland. Over 80 GB of pictures on my hard drive.

6) I love to travel, but hate to read about where I'm going,etc... I just want to go see and explore.

7) I can't multi task very well...

8) I have an MBA and am generally a smart person, but I don't care to learn... I am thinking about going back for my law degree, but I'm not sure I have the dedication for 3 more years. I'd be going for the degree / money it would bring only, not the knowledge - is that the right reason to go?

9) I plan everything - My vacations are generally mapped out 2 years in advance. May is Alaska, Grand Canyon is October, Washington DC and maybe Niagara Falls are 2010, Europe in 2011.

10) My husband is 100 times smarter than me - I do my best to keep up and seem intelligent but... most the time I fail and he has to teach me and/or do it for me. It frustrates him I don't get it as quickly, though he won't admit it.

11) If I had to do over again I would have explored my career options more.

12) I have no real favorite food - I like strawberry shortcake (especially from Maggianos), I like cabbage (cooked), fried okra and Olive Garden's shrimp dish, but I have no OMG that's just my favorite.

13) I generally am not passionate about everything but put off the illusion of being passionate about lots of things, how I don't know... I guess my opinions come out in a passionate nature.

14) I love my kittes and wouldn't trade them for anything.

15) I'm very silly when it's just Jack and Me. I'm really 3 people: Lisa at work, Lisa around friends/family and Lisa at home with Jack. I don't know why but they are distinctly different - just ask Jack.

16) My husband and my Ex husband were once friends.

17) I want to have a child and home school my children - I don't want to work for a living, but I'm not sure we will ever be financially stable enough for me to do that.

18) I'm generally lonely - I wish I was one of those people surrounded by friends, but well I'm not. I can't generate the BS conversation required to get to know people so developing friendships is hard. Plus I'm not one of those people that draw people to me... Neither is my hubby. We have a few good solid friends and are appreciative of them...

19) I am generally pessimistic...

20) Save the Last Dance is my favorite Move

21) Nora Roberts is my favorite author.

22) My mother is my best friend.

23) I like to play board/card games.. wish I had some more people to play with

24) I take alot of things personally I shouldn't. I get defensive quick.... I hate that about myself.

25) I am competitive in nature.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I'm homeschooling my son for a few years!! We are using a Co-op though, two days a week ;) You'd be surprised at what is possible ;)

Anonymous said...

Also, I map out my vacations super-early too!! Nowhere this year :(, Maine in 2010, back to Disney World in 2011, and back to Monterey and San Francisco for our 10 year anniversary in 2012:)

AND, let me know when you are in DC, we live about 25 miles away, so I know where all the good restaurants are ;)

Maine - Day 9

It rained today; if it was going to rain today was really the best day for it as we needed to travel so I'm grateful.  We've really ...