Saturday, January 28, 2023

Dominican Republic Day 1

Jack and I have escaped the winter and to just get some rest.  We are both on fumes for some reason.  So off to the Dominican Republic, we came.  In actuality, this trip has been planned since March or April of last year, but it came at the best time.   We are both just - tired.   I'm hoping a few days of paradise, mental resets, and quiet can help to put some more wind in our sails.

We are at a resort in Cap Cana called Sanctuary and it's beautiful.  Today was mainly travel with a 2-hour delay in ATL (the co-pilot was sick and they had to call a new one in on his day off), but it was a good day.   The Augusta Airport staff were absolutely amazing this morning - so friendly and kind.   The Atlanta staff kept us in the loop and were also kind.    The F concourse in Atlanta is so unique and I can't help but laugh now.   Jack went to get me some coffee while I got us seats... well I changed seats no less than 4 times to find the perfect one that didn't spike my anxiety, have too much light, have the best view, etc... Sometimes I'm so neurotic I can't help but laugh at myself.   

We got here, at the resort, today around 5 and were exhausted as we got up this morning at 4 am so we haven't explored too much, but tomorrow I am looking forward to getting out more.   So far it's super nice though.   We have a private villa next to the ocean with a balcony large enough to waltz on to relax - it's amazing!     

We arrived at the resort and they immediately met us at the bus with eucalyptus cool towels to refresh ourselves while they checked us in.  We then met our amazing butler Carlos and he gave us a brief tour while taking us to the villa.    We settled in; unpacked and then headed to grab some dinner.  There was a tiny wait so we walked around and then sat to listen to a Sax player while we waited.  I wanted to dance but no one was as I would have felt awkward - maybe tomorrow.    As far as food we didn't want a new experience tonight - save those for when we aren't so tired so we just did the steak house.   The food was ok - the appetizers and dessert were amazing.  Jack had this empanada that was really good and I had a tomato and strawberry glaze salad that was delish.  The main dish was just ok, but then I had a lime sorbet for dessert that was so refreshing.     Jack also had a virgin cocktail with watermelon, apple, cinnamon, and lemon - it was so yummy.  And they made me an unsweet tea (had to make it special) but they put a lime in it - oh .. it was amazing.  I'm going to start adding lime at home; it was so good! 

We wandered down to the beach party - they were playing limbo and while fun, we both voted for sleep.  Now we are sitting in bed, with the door open listening to the ocean; it's heaven.    I can't wait to experience it tomorrow without the fatigue of a long travel day.   

For now, though - sleep well dear friends. :)

No comments:

Maine - Day 9

It rained today; if it was going to rain today was really the best day for it as we needed to travel so I'm grateful.  We've really ...