Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Dominican Republic Day 4

Jack and I are probably the only people you will meet, or at least one of very few, that come to a tropical island and don't really get in the water.   I put my toes in the ocean today and drapped my legs in the pool just to say I did but really we are ok just being. 

Today was more of the same - rest - rest - rest.  I've loved it though I may try to do something tomorrow on our last day.  It won't be an excursion though; they are cra-cra with their prices and none of them scream at me to do them, but we may do something.   So enough about tomorrow what did we do today you ask?  Other than rest?  not much...

I got up at 8 and ordered coffee and fruit.  We sat on the deck, and ate, I did some time in my Bible and enjoyed the beauty.   We then meandered down around 11 and spoke with the excursion lady. She said 1000 for a boat ride and I laughed in her face.. not literally but close.   Yea NOT happening.   We then went to grab breakfast but missed the window and the restaurant was closed while they swapped over for lunch.  I read on the app that the ocean bar served snacks so we wandered up that way to get a little something to wade off the hangries.   

Well, they were also in the shift swap and couldn't serve.  So... I texted our butler and he brought us fruit.   This butler thing is nice - I could get spoiled :)   We ate, danced to the radio, and relaxed.   We then meandered down to get a real lunch and sat under the vines watching the birds.   I had the prime rib and it was excellent.

We then went back to the room where we sat on the deck for a bit before deciding we were hungry again.  I swear all I want to do is eat down here ... so we went to the pool and got another one of those Yaniqueque like we had yesterday.  It's just enough to stop the hangries while still being light.   We then did the obligatory toe in the ocean, legs in the pool before deciding that really a nap was more fun.   So nap time it was and it was a great nap - like 3 hours of napping goodness.

After our siesta, we headed out to dinner at the steak house.  We got the Ribeye and a Skirt steak; both were excellent, but the skirt steak was amazing.   After dinner, we meandered around a bit, got some hot tea, walked and just enjoyed the night.   We were going to do the magic show but it was so loud - I'm really not a fan of loud at all; neither is Jack.  So we came back to the room, which if I'm honest is where I wanted to be anyway.  I just want to cozy up in bed - listen to the waves and read.  This is what I want and I'm on vacation so... it's what we are doing.  Both of us are happy as larks enjoying the moment.

So with that buenos noches dear friends; my book awaits.

No comments:

Maine - Day 9

It rained today; if it was going to rain today was really the best day for it as we needed to travel so I'm grateful.  We've really ...