Monday, January 30, 2023

Dominican Republic Day 3

 Today was rest - rest - rest and more rest.  It was such a great day.  

We got up around 9 and had coffee and some danishes while enjoying the outside.   We then read books and I did my prayer/study time before having a full breakfast sent over around 11:15.  I had the omelet - it was so good.  I decided after eating to take a nap and Jack went to use their gym.  

The nap was heaven; 2 hours of just downtime.   We got up and read a bit on the patio.  At some point, the guy that fills the mini bar came by and I asked him if he had any juices he could stock it with to which he said no but room service could bring some.  I said ok and went on with my day - no biggie.  Well, a bit later here he comes bringing us OJ.   I mean just so nice - it made me so happy.   We drink our OJ, read, and just enjoyed the day.   Eventually, we meandered down to the pool snack bar for a mini lunch.  I had a Dominican Yaniqueque which is basically a hard taco shell with toppings.  I had beef, guacamole, corn salsa, and cheese.  It was yummy - I also had a hamburger because apparently, the sun makes me hungry... 

After lunch we went to the buffet we went to yesterday for ice cream and went to sit at some swings and look at the ocean.   We then meandered to find how to get to this pavilion they have built over the ocean - we found it and set in the big cushions they had for a bit...  By this time I kinda wanted my book so we meandered back to the room and back to our patio.  I have made me a little next in the bucket chair out there and before I knew it I was dozing a bit.   ... I told you rest - rest and more rest is the name of the day.

We then went to the seafood place for dinner.  I'll be honest it wasn't my favorite  - I'm still a bit groggy from the nap and that may have played a factor but it just wasn't all that yummy.  I ordered fried calamari for a starter and it's the first fried food since I went off of the detox; within a few bites I was my head was hurting so I think that is a no go for me.  Plus they had tarter sauce but no cocktail - he tried to make me a cocktail sauce; it was a wine sauce and I give him a+ for effort but man it was horrible.   They then brought me this full fish with EYES.  If you know me you know I don't do eyes.  Can we say Alaskan Cruise all over again?  I promptly cut the head off while cringing and put it on the other side of the table but the damage was done - I just... I wasn't feeling it.  So Jack ate his shrimp and we left.  

I came back to the room, grabbed some painkillers and we meandered the shops for a bit before going to the show for the evening.  We seriously considered skipping it and I'm so glad we didn't.  It was a singer and there was dancing.  Jack and I sat at the back and danced where no one could really see us as at the beginning no one was really dancing.  By the end, I thought about going to the floor as many people were out there but we had our spot and it was great.   We danced and made up moves and just had a good time.    I'm so glad we stuck it out ...  

Tomorrow we may look at excursions - or we may just stay here again.   This private patio is worth every penny  - it's so nice.  

No comments:

Maine - Day 9

It rained today; if it was going to rain today was really the best day for it as we needed to travel so I'm grateful.  We've really ...