Friday, July 07, 2023

July Vacation Day 7 & 8

Yesterday was day 7 and we did nothing.  It was heaven.  We had planned to go hiking but both of us just didn't want to, so we stayed here in this amazing house with the doors open, listening to the creek, reading books, snacking and just enjoying the day.  I slept quite a bit as well.  It was heaven.

Today we did leave the house and it was also a great day.  We woke up around 9, got ready, ate some breakfast, and headed to Ft Mtn State Park.   We did the Stone Wall, Stone Tower, and West Overlook trail; which is about 1.5 miles.  It was a nice trail; with lots of steps.  We were a little bummed the tower was closed and we couldn't go up in it but there were some nice views along the way.  There were also snails, huge snails!  I got a video - they were so cool.    We then headed down toward the lake area and ate a picnic looking over the water.

Across from the picnic area, we noticed another trail across the street - Big Rock Nature Trail.  It was only .5 mile but I'm so glad we did it.  A good portion of it was along this gorgeous cascading waterfall that was just so much fun.   It was the highlight of the park by far!   There was a family playing in the water and enjoying the day.   I have to admit I was tempted to put a toe in... if I didn't want to deal with wet feet again like the other day I would have.   It looked like fun.

After finishing our hike we headed back to the cabin, got cleaned up and rested a bit before heading to Ellijay where we met Shannon and Bradley for dinner.  We ate at a restaurant callted the Roof and after a rocky start it was really great.    At first I wanted to sit outside; it's the whole reason we went, but they don't have the awnings like it advertised so we would have been in teh direct sun for the entire meal, which would have been horrible.  I asked to be moved to a table in the shade, but they would not move us due to it being a 6 top vs. 4.   I then asked to be moved inside and the hostess said "let me ask teh server if they are ok with it' to which I replied "I move in or I leave... those ar your options."  We moved in and the waitresses had a little drama over our table, which I shouldn't have seen but did.   We go ta new waitress (our old one didn't want us) and after that everything improved greatly.  The food was excellent, I ate all of it and the company was better.  

We then walked down for some icecream, meadered around the town a bit and visited.   At the end Shannon and Bradley followed us to the house and we played cards adn visited some more.  I introduced them to Spades-Z because I still refuse to call it spades :)

Tomorrow is check out day... :( Sad, I could spend another week here, but life calls.  It's been a really nice relaxing vacation. 

No comments:

Maine - Day 9

It rained today; if it was going to rain today was really the best day for it as we needed to travel so I'm grateful.  We've really ...