Monday, July 03, 2023

July Vacation Day 4

 Today was a good day.  We got up and Donald cooked us bacon, eggs, and toast - I could get used to being waited on :)  We then hopped on the 4-wheelers and road up through the woods.   The wildflowers were blooming so pretty.  We rode up to an old homesite with a family cemetery and relaxed for a bit.  It started a small rain shower so we waited it out under the pavilion and then headed back down, stopping along the way for me to take some flower pictures.  I like the 4-wheelers when we were going slow, like 10-15 miles an hour; when Jack started going faster than that or when we were going downhill my anxiety would spike a bit and I'd try to brake on his tummy; it was funny.

Part way down we stopped at a wildflower field and Sherry was pulling the flowers to try to get them to plant in her garden.  I stand by the leave nothing take nothing philosophy but that was falling on deaf ears.   Donald's 4-wheeler started leaking gas and wouldn't crank so we decided to tow it back using a rope he had brought... that did not go well.  The brakes were locking up on his and it was just bad... so we stopped and Donald left in the other 4-wheeler to go get the truck.

Sherry, Jack, and I stayed and waited for him to come back.  A few minutes later a neighbor drove up; someone Sherry knew and Sherry and I hopped a ride back home while Jack waited with the 4 - wheeler.  I think Sherry knows everyone up here.   He drove about 50 miles an hour down the mountain and I pretty much hid my face and tried not to panic while they chatted.   He never really spoke to me, but he asked her who I was and then said yea I knew I hadn't seen her before...   I'm sitting right there, it's ok to speak to me.  But ah well, I was just grateful for the ride home.

As we got home Donald was pulling out with the trailer to go get Jack.   They made it home not to long after, we ate some sandwiches and I took a nap.

When I woke up Jack had fixed the 4- wheeler or was very close to having it fixed. He finished up and we went to Indian Falls State Park and did a short .75 trail around a pond.  It was nice, but even at 6 o'clock at night it was plum hot!    Jack and I plan to go hiking tomorrow but I'm getting a super early start; this heat is no joke.

After our walk, we came home, had steaks, played some cards, and relaxed on the porch.  Overall a really good day!    

No comments:

Maine - Day 9

It rained today; if it was going to rain today was really the best day for it as we needed to travel so I'm grateful.  We've really ...