Wednesday, July 05, 2023

July Vacation - Day 6

Today was largely a travel and rest day.  We got up, packed the car, and headed to Huddle House where we had breakfast with Donald and Sherri.   We then headed south to Old Fort TN to take a peek at some property.   It was not for us; way too hilly with a lot of unusable land.   We then headed to the cabin and got here around 3.   I'm not feeling 100%; some type of sinus junk or cold; I had taken some medicine earlier in the day and by the time we go to the cabin all I wanted to do was sleep.

So... I took an hour and a half nap which was very nice.  The cabin itself is amazing.  It is actually a house, not a cabin and it is breathtaking.  Open floor plan, amazing bathrooms, quartz counters, and screen doors that open right onto a bubbling creek.   I'm sitting here now with the doors open listening to the water rush by - it's AMAZING.

After my nap, we headed to Ellijay, which is about a 30-minute trek and got groceries for the week.  Next week we are starting a plan to get a bit healthier so we bought all the junk food for the remainder of our vacation :)   I think we may go back into town Friday and walk around a bit as it looked cute. Once we got the groceries we came back to our oasis.

We made hotdogs, and macaroni and ate it with some chips out on the deck.  After that, we lit the tiki torches and just chilled... I could get used to this.  I don't think I'd like to live where it's a 30-minute trek to the store, but the water, the beauty... yea I could get used to that :)

Time for some Nyquil and sleep.   May God bless you my blogging friends; sleep well.

No comments:

Maine - Day 9

It rained today; if it was going to rain today was really the best day for it as we needed to travel so I'm grateful.  We've really ...