Sunday, September 12, 2010

Day 2 - Raleigh to the Outer Banks

Yesterday I didn’t log it as i should, but it was a good day. We got up a little late and left our hotel in Raleigh around 10:30. We then went to the JC Ralston Gardens at the University in town. It was nice, though it didn’t grab my interest as I thought it was. I blame it on lack of coffee.... We spent an hour at the Gardens and then left to find the1911 Carousel – this required a stop at the Waffle House for cold drinks for them or coffee for me...

We then left Raleigh for the Outer Banks. It was about a 4 hour drive and Jack was nice to all of it so i could read my book. We made it to the hotel around 4 and decided to rest for an hour or so before heading to grab some dinner. I finished my book during the down time and we later went to the Black Pelican at the recommendation of the hotel clerk. It was one of the most interesting restaurants... The lights were Tiffany, the chairs plastic and the decor lifesavers.... Upon looking at the menu I liked to have choked with $15 to $30 plates, but after eating the crab legs I can say it was well worth it. OMG that was good - Jack had to get it where I could eat it, but it was delicious.

We then came back to the hotel and took a walk on the beach. It was dark and the waves were crashing loudly. Very relaxing...... There were washed up Jelly Fish and little crabs were everywhere, both babies and large crabs. It was great and seeing them scurry made the trip worth it.

No comments:

Maine - Day 9

It rained today; if it was going to rain today was really the best day for it as we needed to travel so I'm grateful.  We've really ...