Friday, February 04, 2011

Friday!

TGIF! The week has been good, but hey - who isn't glad to see the the weekend come?

We are going to see my brother this weekend in Yulee (an hour east of Jacksonville). I'm looking forward to the visit as well as the escape from here. Not that here is bad, but a change of scenery will be good. So if I'm silent till Monday you know why :)

Things are still going well. Work is work and I'm thankful for the job. I'm getting stuff done and feel good about it. The lady I work with daily is doing a terrific job and while we have some hiccups we are working through them well. Its a great thing and I'm grateful for it.

I didn't get to do my cardio last night due to an eye appt, but I did get the weight lifting in. I think I need to push myself a bit more in the cardio arena, but we are enjoying the adventure.

Last night I didn't really try anything new at dinner other than roasting veggies. It was a recipe out of a book and you could really do any veggie. Heat oven to 475 and put veggies in a roasting pan or glass dish as I did. Roast them for 10 to 15 minutes until soft. I did asparagus, zucchini, broccoli, onions, and carrots. (you cut everything into small pieces, small sticks of carrot etc...) I don't think I'll do the broccoli again and the asparagus was a little gummy but everything else was great. I also put some salt/pepper on them. Super easy and good - I give it 4 stars and will cook it again.

- Steak :) always yummy and only read meat I've cooked this week.
- Left Overs from previous meals of the week - Clean out the fridge Thursday :)

Only thing I ended up throwing out of any quantity was the Zucchini Saute, next time I make it I need to cut it in 1/2 - it makes way too much for 3 people.

For breakfast

-Oatmeal
-Raisin Bread
-Coffee

For Lunch
-Left Over Meatloaf
-Left over Veggies from previous meals
-Tea

Snack
-Grapes

And with that I'll wish you a dynamite Friday! I hope its full of joy and good things. TGIF!

No comments:

Maine - Day 9

It rained today; if it was going to rain today was really the best day for it as we needed to travel so I'm grateful.  We've really ...