Sunday, April 30, 2006

Change

Change is inevitable and sometimes good, but in this case I find it very saddening. My EQ guild is breaking up; we will still be the VOV for first person shooters and long term friends but since so few people login at a given time many of our members are changing guilds. They want us all to come, a kind of guild merger, but I don't think I'm game. I don't play enough to be of real benefit to a new guild and I have zero desire to reprove my abilities. As a female it is hard to convince people that you will be a good tank and you are constantly chosen over; with the VOV that's not the case. They know I'm a competant tank and even if I have off days they still let me play without giving me hell. I love my guild and know without question that they will always be there as friends, but I still find this move sad. Understandable because people are correct, we very rarely have enough on for a full group and raiding is virtually impossible but that is ok with me...I like playing with my friends and have not in the two years I have been playing with them ever been lfg; it's either a guild group or no group at all for me.

Ah well, change is inevitable.

2 comments:

Jae said...

You never know what change will bring. Sometimes it's life preparing to make room for new adventures. Hang in there!

LotusKnits said...

Aww. I know how hard that is. I've handed over my guild and left and rejoined several times, and for me a guild group is always a great group, rather than some random pick-up. I say try out the new guild and see if there are friends to make. You never know. And even if you can't be the main tank all the time, there will be groups for you with your friends.

*hugs*

Maine - Day 9

It rained today; if it was going to rain today was really the best day for it as we needed to travel so I'm grateful.  We've really ...