Thursday, January 26, 2006

Good Mood

I'm in a surprisingly good mood considering the day I have had. I have to recount the story of my day just for the sheer humor of it all, then I'll give you a glimpse of my bag :)

Wake up at 1:30 this afternoon - Man I love vacation! Then I get dressed and head to the vital records department in downtown Atlanta for a certified copy of my birth certificate, apparently the one the hospital gave my mother when I was born isn't good enough for a passport. Just another way for them to suck money out of my pocket, but back to the story. The other day I lost my debit card and the bank is mailing me a new one so all I had cash wise was a $100 bill; so I took it with me just in case they didn't take credit cards, which is how I normally pay for things (get those sky miles you know). Well, anyway I get down there and wait in line to get a form, then I fill out the form and wait in another line to turn it in and pay for the certificate. They have a huge sign on the window "No Personal Checks or Credit Cards" so I was grateful I brought my $100. So I get up there and the lady says "Sorry, we can't take this - you'll have to go get change." Now, I know she has change because the 7 people before me all paid with $20's - so do I go get change - Hell No. I don't know where a bank is and even if I did I wouldn't have went and gotten change. It was the principal. I told her "No, you will accept this American Currency as you have no legal reason not to! You have no sign saying that you can't take money over a certain domination and you will take this and give me my change." So she says "I'll have to let you talk to my supervisor. " and I reply "Why don't you do that?" The supervisor then says we don't' take anything over a $20 at which time I told her the same spill I just gave the next lady and that she will accept my American Money; hell they are a government office and they can't take American Monday - Not Today! In the end she took my money and the expedited the process to get me out of there quickly. Then my day continues...oh yes it gets better!

I went to the post office to apply for my passport. I have all of the documents filled out, but the guy I saw the other day is not there, it is another lady. I arrive at 3:03 - the passport office closed at 3. She is walking out of the passport room about to go up to the main counter , because she doesn't' get off work for another hour and tells me "It's closed!" Not, "Sorry, we're closed" but very rudely "it's closed". You know I would understand if she was about to leave for the day, but she wasn't...so I just look at her and very sweetly, trying desperately not to strangle her, say "ma'am, it will only take 5 minutes, everything is complete and Steve, the guy who told me my birth certificate was not good enough said if I came before 4 it would be fine." An elderly postal worker who is very sweet then pipes up on my behalf and said "Yep, she was here before - you go on and help her." The lady the looks at me as if I had just killed her first child and says well the photo's aren't the right size. By this time I'd had it! I looked at her and said "Lady, they were the right size Tuesday when Steve took my husbands application, so give me a damn break and take the application, Shit". So, she looked at me told me to raise my right hand and took the application. Damn people!

My passport application is now off and I'm happy about that so I go get some sweet tea from Captain D's (who has the best sweet tea by the way). I get the sweet tea and take a sip - there is NO sugar in it. So I look at the lady behind the counter and ask her if she is sure it's sweet tea. She looks at it and laughed - the sugar was still sitting beside the container waiting to be stirred in. She was very sweet and replaced my tea; it was pretty funny all in all and I'm still in a good mood. So I head off on my next adventure - oh yes there's more - somedays you just need to go back to bed.

My fourth stop for the day is my tire store. I was going to get my tires rotated and my oil changed. I give the man my keys and go sit in the waiting room to knit. There is only one other customer in the entire place so I figured it would go quickly. The customer and I are chatting away and then I realize that I've been there quite a long time; about an hour by this time so I go check on my car. One of the back lugnuts is rusted and they can't get it off. Did they come tell me they were having difficulty and that it would be a while - no - So anyway I told them to break if they had to and I'd replace it; it's only $8. I go back inside and 20 minutes later my car still isn't done. So I go check on it again and he said I'll have to come back tomorrow as they don't have the nut I need. I say ok and ask how long it will take tomorrow; he said probably a couple of hours because he wants to check all of the lugs. Fine, just another step in my already perfect afternoon. I tell him to get me ready to go and I'll come back tomorrow. Then I call Jack and tell him what's going on and he of course asked questions that I could not answer. So, I take the phone in to the customer service guy and asked him to tell my husband what was going on. This man has the nerve to close his eyes and sigh at me!!! Today of all days! I looked at him and said "Don't get an attitude with me" he replies with something about dealing with customers for 50+ years and I didn't tell him anything else but man the things I wish I would have told him. I mean man, I'm a paying customer and I ask you to explain to my husband what you need to do to my automobile and you are going to get an attitude with me about it. Man oh man - bad move! But anyway that was my day. After that I came home and hid. And I'm still in a good mood - miracles do happen.

Anyway, as promised here is a pic of my bag. No it's not birthing an alien - I'm using my prom glass to hold it up for it's modeling debut. It's not perfect but I'm proud of it! On row 49 :)

Well, tomorrow my goal is to give the house a really good cleaning. It will be good to start a new job on Monday with a spotless house :)

Sleep well dear world! I wish you dreams of nice customer service reps fulfilling your every need!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The bag looks great! Don't you love when people think they are better than you just because they are older or are "in charge"?
Secret Pal

Maine - Day 9

It rained today; if it was going to rain today was really the best day for it as we needed to travel so I'm grateful.  We've really ...