Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Jamaica Day 2 and Part of 3

I'm relaxed - I mean really relaxed and it feels amazing.  Yesterday after the post they showed us a new room and I was really undecided on it   It has a small balcony, but had no lounge chairs and what I loved about our original room when I booked it before I knew of the tree is that the balcony was huge.   I knew we would want to just be outside much of this trip and I wanted to do that comfortably.  Well, we told the Butler we would take the room and then went back to our old one to pack.   I then decided, no I really wanted the lounge chair and decided to just suck up the tree...  Well, Sandals is not to be outdone, so they rearranged the 2nd room to give me a lounge chair and here we are.   An amazing view and a lounge chair I can relax on and nap on.  It's awesome.

While they were swapping rooms we found a fairly secluded spot on the beach and just chilled.  We read our books, sat under the shade of another gigantic tree and just relaxed.  This portion of the beach has over the water hammocks and swings, both of which I've enjoyed thoroughly.  I also love the fact they have staff on the beach so if you want a drink or lunch, you never have to leave - you can just enjoy the surf while they bring it to you - it's amazing!

After our beach time, we came back to the new room where I promptly got a bath in the garden tub that overlooks the water.   The window above it opens and you can just sit and listen to the waves - amazing!    I then took a nap on my balcony lounge chair :)   

When I woke up I noticed I was quite crispy.  The 50 SPF was not quite enough today despite being in the shade... lesson learned.  I brought some Young Living after sun spray though so it's not painful and healing nicely.

Once we were rested and cleaned up we headed over to the other resort, Ochi, for hibachi and to go to a speakeasy bar they have called the Rabbit.  Dinner was nice and the bar was very interesting with a laid back vibe.  We experimented with a couple new alcoholic drinks, but mainly stuck to water and I enjoyed a fuzzy navel or two, but Sandals wins with us when it comes to the unlimited alcohol - we just don't drink a lot.    The bar has a singer they call Mama and she was really good.  She sang throw back 40's - 60's music that was really good.   there were several there that had drunk too much, which was obvious by the fact they could barely stand, much less dance.  And there was a woman dancing that really looked like she needed a pole in front of her, but other than that most people were really chill and having a good time   I did note that the Ochi resort is not for us though - just too busy and big.   Paula, choose well for us with Royal Plantations, we can relax and then go over to the busier resort if we choose.   I wouldn't have wanted to stay at Ochi - not my speed.  After the show, we came back and promptly fell asleep!

This morning we were exceptionally lazy.   We slept late, had breakfast brought to the room and just chilled until around noon.   At which point we put on our bathing suits, went and bought a much stronger sunscreen and hit the beach.   We stayed there under the tree, or in the water hammock for several hours.   Reading, having lunch, drinks, snacks, and just chilling.   It was awesome - a whole lot of nothing and I loved it.

We did go to the tennis courts for maybe 10 minutes and tried to hit a ball or two around.   It was nothing if not comical.  Afterward, we came back to the room to get cleaned up.  I took another relaxing bath in my gigantic garden tub and am now sitting on the deck updating you all.    We have dinner next to the beach tonight and they have a band playing this evening.   It should be nice.   I hope you all are well.  This trip may have started off rocky but it has improved at every turn and I'm so glad now to be here.   Relaxed and Happy.

No comments:

Maine - Day 9

It rained today; if it was going to rain today was really the best day for it as we needed to travel so I'm grateful.  We've really ...