Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Germany Day 19

Today was fun - a lot of riding - but fun.   We got up, ate breakfast and left the hotel by 8.  We then headed down the clock road where there are stores decorated with Cuckoo Clocks everywhere.  We stopped at one super nice shop that had a lot of hand made German stuff including Cuckoo's and Nativities - we splurged and ordered both.   They are being shipped to the house and I'm super excited.  If you remember I wanted to buy a nativity the other day and the guy insulted me telling me I could not afford it... so this felt right.  It was a little bit less, but more importantly the people were helpful and friendly.  

After making the credit card scream we drove on for a bit, stopping at a truck stop for a bite to eat, and then on to Heidelberg.  I really enjoyed Heidelberg.   They have a castle that has been damaged but you can still walk around and in some of it - I actually think it is one of my favorites.   The sweeping views off of the top, the fact we could just meander and take pictures.   I really liked it.  They also have a gigantic beer keg - so big you can dance on it.   Not sure I get the appeal, but it was certainly novel.   The town has a river running through it with a lovely water break they have in manufactured into it.    You can see this from a pedestrian bridge that also gives a lovely view of the castle.    I loved the castle and the bridge.  I loved walking the shops and just really enjoyed the city.  It may change my mind on Germany - we just maybe went to the wrong parts?    

It started raining on us right as we were leaving so we were all huddled under an awning waiting for the bus.  Once on we drove straight to the hotel where we had a nice going away dinner and got the bags ready for our flight home tomorrow.  

I'm have enjoyed our trip.  There was a lot more riding / traveling than expected in Germany and there were ups and downs, but we have had a good time.   Mama has a DR. appointment scheduled for Friday to do an assessment on the arm and determine next steps.   Jack has agreed to go with her - I want someone in the room with her and I know if I see that cast off and the beautiful colors underneath I will either pass out or vomit, so Jack is going.     I will be at the house recovering from the travel.  It's been great but I'm ready to be home.

Tomorrow is really just airplanes so unless something amazing happens this will be last journal entry for this trip.  I hope you have enjoyed traveling with us and until next time stay safe and God Bless.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Amazing writeup, hope to see more informative posts like this in future

Maine - Day 9

It rained today; if it was going to rain today was really the best day for it as we needed to travel so I'm grateful.  We've really ...