Saturday, July 18, 2009

Picaboo Service

In June I ordered two photo books from Picaboo. If you remember I slammed them pretty hard on this blog. After pressing send on that blog I began working on another book through Creative Memories which I will tell you about on another day. Today I want to tell you what happened after I pressed publish on my review of Picaboo books.

My expectation was that I would rant to the WWW about my experience; receive one or two comments and move on with my life. Instead I received an email from the Vice President of Picaboo asking for permission to call me and discuss the situation. She wanted to learn what her company had done in greater detail and try to make it right. Ok, I was shocked! For several reasons:

#1They found me - I operate under an assumed name here (Mylerna). Those of you who know me know who I am, but if you don't know me then I am just Mylerna the crazy woman who post crap out here occasionally for the world to see. FYI: Later I found out they tracked my email address through their systems (pretty smart).

#2) The company actually read my blog and

#3) The company cared enough about my level of satisfaction that they made an extraordinary attempt to contact me and make it right.

So in my shock I responded to the VP and we had a nice long telephone conversation where I gave her the good, the bad, and the ugly of my experience. By this time I had already shipped the books back and my full refund (including shipping) was on it's way. So in my mind I was done. I have my money back, they got their books back all is well!

But no, the VP wasn't satisfied that I had gotten a refund. She wanted to make sure I was satisfied with their product. So she in turn offered to send me 2 more books, free of charge. She emailed me again after receiving my books back in the mail horrified at how they were. She promised this was not the product they strive to deliver every day. I'm not going to say no to free books... who would? So I told her to send them on.

My books came and you know what? They are better! If I had gotten these books the first time, I would have never said anything. I would have happily continued making Picaboo books my source for photo books. I received two books from them again this time and one of them is impeccable! The binding doesn't crackle when you open it, the pages aren't see through it just is a terrific quality book. The second one is very close my only issue is that the binding crackles a bit (noise) when you open it and that concerns me. However, my husband said it's normal for the type of binding and that it will last for years to come. I trust him - He is waaaay smarter than me. So with that my faith in Picaboo is a bit restored.

I'm not sure how much I'll use them in the future, if I will at all. However, I felt I should let the world know about my revised experience. It's not every day that a company goes to this much effort to make something right for their customers. Maybe they are worth another shot :)

No comments:

Maine - Day 9

It rained today; if it was going to rain today was really the best day for it as we needed to travel so I'm grateful.  We've really ...